Pissing match

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rumbledawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crewcab
Engine Size
This is the link from the post rumbledawg put up,go down to specs. What bulbs does it say it comes with?l'm not trying to be mr smarty pants,but my research is dependent upon the information given too me. I'm putting another pic up that shows 9003s are not legal as headlights. I don't care if you have rainbow headlights on a big pink truck.
wow...snowflake much?? your like the energizer bunny of going and going and going....i had forgot about this thread like 2 weeks ago already.
just so you know, i bought them from amazonDOTCA. you do realize the dot ca means i live in a different country than you.
maybe amazon sent me the diff bulbs cause they know i live in a diff country, maybe they just screwed up, don't know, don't care..
i'm sure noboby in the entire world has never not got exactly what was posted in an internet ad......you want to bitch, bitch at amazon, i posted what I RECEIVED from them.....
and nice little innuendo about my truck, but i'm not playing your silly little games. but just so you know, bc has one of the most comprehensive vehicle inspections going. anything lifted or lowered more than 4" has to have a v.i. before it can be insured. my truck went thru with flying colors, in fact the examiner said he's never had a modded vehicle come thru that didn't get a few check marks until mine rolled in.

oops. I don't have a headlight story, but I'll relate a seat belt story. I'm a seat belt user. About 20 or so years ago I was test driving a customers car. This was right after Washington changed the seat belt law from a secondary offense to a primary. Fine was $102, if caught and the police were really watching for it. So I was going around the block in this womans car and realized I a had grease on my shirt. Not wanting to get it on her seat belt I took the belt off, just then a cop pulled in behind me and flipped on his lights. I tried to explain it to him, he said there are no exceptions and wrote me a ticket. Since the shop was just a few blocks from the court house I choose to fight it. I sat there for 2 hours before I was heard and the judge lowered the ticket from $102 to $101 and yelled at me for wasting the courts time.

So at that point taking into account for lost wages my $102 ticket was more like $160+ ticket.

My point is sometimes it's cheaper just to pay the fine and move on.....
my wifes dad and myself were coming down from Whitehorse in his kenworth a few yrs ago when a cop pulled him over. cop says your not wearing your seatbelt. FIL and me look at each other, how in the hay does he know he's not wearing his seatbelt, we're riding high in a big rig, there's no way he can see.
so FIL asks the cop, how do you know i'm not wearing my seatbelt?
cop replys your seatbelt is hanging out the door...DOH....

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
oops. I don't have a headlight story, but I'll relate a seat belt story. I'm a seat belt user. About 20 or so years ago I was test driving a customers car. This was right after Washington changed the seat belt law from a secondary offense to a primary. Fine was $102, if caught and the police were really watching for it. So I was going around the block in this womans car and realized I a had grease on my shirt. Not wanting to get it on her seat belt I took the belt off, just then a cop pulled in behind me and flipped on his lights. I tried to explain it to him, he said there are no exceptions and wrote me a ticket. Since the shop was just a few blocks from the court house I choose to fight it. I sat there for 2 hours before I was heard and the judge lowered the ticket from $102 to $101 and yelled at me for wasting the courts time.

So at that point taking into account for lost wages my $102 ticket was more like $160+ ticket.

My point is sometimes it's cheaper just to pay the fine and move on.....
LOL. That's funny. One whole dollar.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
LOL. That's funny. One whole dollar.
I can't tell you how pissed off I was at the time leaving the court room knowing that coming, pleading what I thought was a good reason for not wearing my seat belt resulted in costing me more and being insulted by the judge, but yes now it is funny.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I can't tell you how pissed off I was at the time leaving the court room knowing that coming, pleading what I thought was a good reason for not wearing my seat belt resulted in costing me more and being insulted by the judge, but yes now it is funny.
Similar yet far less costly than my experience gettin railroaded by WDFW and the WA circuit court system…. Pre Covid when the cops still had the ability to not only enforce real infractions but also false charges.
Good news is, currently, you could cut your seatbelt off and wrap it around and empty 40oz malt liquor bottle and throw it at a cop car on your way by and the worst that might happen here is getting a littering ticket mailed to you “if” the cop gets your license plate number AND it happens to be correct!
Bad news is, WA cops are now powerless to enforce seatbelts and most other more serious violations…..

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Similar yet far less costly than my experience gettin railroaded by WDFW and the WA circuit court system…. Pre Covid when the cops still had the ability to not only enforce real infractions but also false charges.
Good news is, currently, you could cut your seatbelt off and wrap it around and empty 40oz malt liquor bottle and throw it at a cop car on your way by and the worst that might happen here is getting a littering ticket mailed to you “if” the cop gets your license plate number AND it happens to be correct!
Bad news is, WA cops are now powerless to enforce seatbelts and most other more serious violations…..
I'm going to preface this by saying I want to steer clear of a political discussion. BUT as much as I like a lot of things about this state, handicapping the police is a mistake. And your talking to a guy that was once thrown to the ground and searched by a Woodinville cop for parking in a legal parking spot.

It's getting so I don't know anyone that isn't packing heat anymore. That sucks IMO, that some many people feel the need.

I recall a time not so long ago when the eastside was super safe. And I'm not saying that's a direct result of handicapping the police, I think I'm saying we need them more than ever.

Did you know that the crime rate in Everett last year was higher than LA.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^Seriously? I kinda believe it. My wife used to take our boy to hockey practice at Angel of the Winds rink and she started packing there.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
I always loved the e-code (euro) cut glass lamps. They were made with both drivers and pedestrians in mind, so the light shined low and wide. Brights were still wide but further down the actual road - without lighting up the oncoming driver's face. I could have my brights on - see just fine - and no one would flash me.

Cibie was the absolute best, but aren't made anymore (iirc there is a company in Belgium making a knock off thats darn close). I bought the 4 lamp Hellas with the H4 bulbs. Either the highs or the lows are now discontinued - which makes no sense. There was a seller solely on Amazon that still had some in stock.

This is an interesting site - there was a time this guy could find you anything you needed. I think he sold alot of product anyways.

https://www.danielsternlighting.com/home.html
I had Cibies back in the day too. So pissed when a kicked up stone took one out, no replacements to be had. Switched to Hellas

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
^Seriously? I kinda believe it. My wife used to take our boy to hockey practice at Angel of the Winds rink and she started packing there.
Seriously. There are 5 guys at the shop, including myself, 7 if you count the owner and his wife who are semi-retired. So 5 of 7 us pack their heater on a daily basis. #6, Does not have their heater every day and #7 me, never does. The shop is in a warehouse area in Redmond, and it's fine in the daytime, but after dark not so much.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had Cibies back in the day too. So pissed when a kicked up stone took one out, no replacements to be had. Switched to Hellas
The Cibie repops are Valeo - PN 082440. These are the 7" round cut glass with H4 bulbs. Awesome light. When I had these they ALWAYS got a film of Xpel on them to avoid chips. Can still find them on EU sites and once in a blue moon on ebay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400