88 Suburban Barn Door Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

annettemarie

Reaction score
First Name
Annette
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Suburban V10 Silverado
Engine Size
I just installed new weatherstripping on my rear cargo/barn doors. Now i CANNOT get these doors to shut properly. Ive worked three days adjusting those doors and i can get it almost there but the passenger side door sags in twords the middle line. Im loosing my mind! Im sorry in advance that i dont have pictures, its dark and rainy out. If ANYONE can please give me some advice of things to try.

Holl

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
what weather-stripping did you use? I used some from Steele rubber without issue. were the doors aligned without sag before?

annettemarie

Reaction score
First Name
Annette
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
It’s the weatherstripping from LMC. The doors seemed fine. They shut but it also had no weatherstripping so I’m sure that makes a difference. If you don’t mind telling me the weatherstripping that you used.

annettemarie

Reaction score
First Name
Annette
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Also some holes for the pegs were too large or had been repaired with Bondo. So the stripping was a pain.

blentley83

Reaction score
First Name
blentley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'm having the same issue with LMC weatherstrip did you ever get this figured out?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128