87 silverado 4x4 Flooding won't stay running sat for 4 years. New fuel pump new plugs cap and rotor. Runs for a minute or two stuttering real bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snows4x417

Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I'm new at forums. I usually just read them but I'm trying to get my old truck running for my 15 year old son. I've replaced the fuel regulator diagram and gasket. She has a very erratic fuel pressure of 65 psi engine side just after the new filter and pump. New and old plugs seem very wet and smell like gas. She has grey smoke and I 5hink floods out after a minute or two. I could use some advice.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Does it have EFI and dual gas tanks?

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If it sat for 4 yrs...whats the gas like? I had a car that was stored with a full tank for 3 yrs and wouldn't start. Got 2 gal of premium and 3 bottles of 91% isopropyl - after awhile got it sputter-started and it stunk - lots of exhaust, then smoothed out and was right as rain.

snows4x417

Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Pulled tank and replaced gas and pump.

snows4x417

Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I think 4 years ago I replaced the fuel relay then gas spilled everywhere in the throttle body. I bought the rebuild kit and replaced the injector retaining gasket a regulator diaphragm but quit and left for for years...dumb! Bought another kit after the replacing the fuel tank switch she started and now runs terrible shutters smokes and then dies. Won't start again for hours or till the morning. Coolant temp was new I think I changed the map too. Gotta be something simple. Not sure how to check a plugged fuel return line?

snows4x417

Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
So I got her running. I was sure of the problem but had the thought; what if I shut the fuel pump off will she lean out just before running out of fuel? The quickest way I could think of was to swith to the bad (left side) I toggled the new switch and she came to life. Every pipe on her smoked but ran great. Next is fluids. Any advice experience on the best way to not ruin a rear-end or tyranny would be appreciated 12 bolt Eaton possy rear-end, 700R4, 208 new process transfer case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128