86 4.3 v6 2 barrel options/emissions delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blmpkn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Id like to delete all the emissions garbage of my k1500 and run a non-electric carb.

Is there any good reason a 2bbl wouldn't be a good choice? Truck isn't being built to go fast.

Price is right on this one.. but says only up to '81..

crpntr78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Depends, does your truck have a carb now? I would assume it does being an '86. But, it's most likely a 4 barrel so if you want to go to a 2 barrel you would have to change your intake to accommodate that.

Blmpkn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Depends, does your truck have a carb now? I would assume it does being an '86. But, it's most likely a 4 barrel so if you want to go to a 2 barrel you would have to change your intake to accommodate that.

Yes, currently has a 4 barrel.

I was likely just going to use a 4bbl>2bbl adapter for the meantime.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
A quadrajet has smaller primary barrels than almost any 2-barrel carb. As long as the secondaries aren't opened it should provide decent economy. The gas pedal usually has to go at least 1/2 way down to open the secondaries on a Q jet. The secondaries can also be disconnected. If the carb is feedback the electric portion regulates the fuel metering with data from the O2 sensor. If running properly they are a good carbs.

Blmpkn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
A quadrajet has smaller primary barrels than almost any 2-barrel carb. As long as the secondaries aren't opened it should provide decent economy. The gas pedal usually has to go at least 1/2 way down to open the secondaries on a Q jet. The secondaries can also be disconnected. If the carb is feedback the electric portion regulates the fuel metering with data from the O2 sensor. If running properly they are a good carbs.

I realize this, I just want to take the truck back in time a bit for simplicitys sake really.

Didn't even want a truck with power windows/locks lol. The more mechanical and simple I can make this thing, the better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28