85mph vs 100mph speedo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jethro224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Working on my dash because I don't have a radio and most everything else ain't working right.
Had my cluster out to clean it up and replace all the bulbs and get the gauges working. Ended up digging some old clusters out of the garage for donor parts. I have a couple of the 100mph speedometers and was wondering if they would be a direct swap for the 85mph unit in my truck now. Anybody know for sure?

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Working on my dash because I don't have a radio and most everything else ain't working right.
Had my cluster out to clean it up and replace all the bulbs and get the gauges working. Ended up digging some old clusters out of the garage for donor parts. I have a couple of the 100mph speedometers and was wondering if they would be a direct swap for the 85mph unit in my truck now. Anybody know for sure?

Yes, will read correctly. Only difference maybe no lower hole, or too small of a hole for the warning lights.

Jethro224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks.
I'm not sure if I'll swap it but good to know it would work. Mine is doing all kinds of strange things. I think I'll try a cable first. Or just clean and lube the old one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuchito