'85 K5 - Source For Chrome Window Gasket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

just_some_guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Barclay
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer Siverado
Engine Size
5.7L
I have a '85 K5 Silverado with a cracked windshield. Luckily there is a glass guy less than a mile from my home and his prices seem pretty reasonable. Only thing that is keeping me from dropping the thing off with him tomorrow is that he says he MIGHT not be able to find a new chrome gasket to use. Mine really isn't really chrome anymore (it's all peeled away at this point) but I still kinda like the black & white contrast compared to all black. I'd like to try and keep the original gasket if a chrome replacement isn't available.

Does anyone know a place that sells replacement chrome gaskets for this type of windshield?

Many thanks in advance!

just_some_guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Barclay
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer Siverado
Engine Size
5.7L
Help me out here, fellas. This thing is going to get electrical work done on Thursday, then 2 doors up the road for a windshield after that. Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
LMC has the seals with or without the chrome trim, but I can’t vouch for the quality.

My personal opinion, if your truck sits out in the sun all the time I would pass on the chrome accent. Being an aftermarket part, the fake chrome probably won’t last very long and you’ll have the same weathered look you have now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128