85 K20 new front driveshaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRCKISS

Reaction score
First Name
james
Truck Year
Truck Model
c/k10
Engine Size
i want to add the RC 6" lift but have no idea what may be needed other than extended brake lines, and possibly a longer front driveshaft. i have a serious sloppy front driveshaft and was going to replace with a new one. until i ready the front 1 needed to be extended, whaT should i look for before i do the lift since i need an extended one. thanks in advance

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
With a 6" lift you will need steering geometry components, extended brake lines, sway bar drop brackets and driveshaft extensions on both ends of the vehicle. If the splines are already worn in the slip yoke then it is definitely a great time to alleviate that problem with a replacement.

Strickland

Dixie Pride

Reaction score
First Name
Al
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Not saying it is right but i have had my K20 for 38 yrs.lifted Last year i wanted to change out my shocks & front springs looked at RC 6verses 4". Money wise the 4" was a better deal. What i did was put 1 1/2" solid steel blocks under the front springs and drilled holes to accept the centering pins and welded them to the axle & new spring . I keep the back at 4" blocks from the kit. I would not want to use 6" block in the rear that come with the lower price kit because of axle wrap. I like the look with the front sitting slightly higher.Everone says not to use blocks on the front ,i have had the same blocks on for all these years and yes it has gone airborn more than once.No front or rear drive mods needed i still have plenty of spline left in the front. If it is an 8 ft. bed i cant see dropping the transfer either. I did drop the sway bar & and SS front brake lines ,have cutout fender flares &3" body lift on 17.5x 44"" super swampers. This truck is retired, i wax it and make beer runs on Sundays.Now if you are doing some serious OFF roading stuff with the truck in a pinch and mud boging all bets are off, folow the pros recomedendation but be ready shell out some big bucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400