85 C10 Only head lights are working!.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

street5

Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I do not have any interior and reverse lights, my parking and tail lights only work when I have the head lights on high beam. Also when I have the head lights on high beam my interior light under the dash comes on. I have replaced all fuses, circuit breakers and head light switch with no luck. Any ideas would be great.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Check all the ground wires. IIRC, there should be:

- Very important - Instrument panel ground, black wire up under the dash, often grounded to the emergency brake bracket
- Front Lighting harness - black ground wires on each side of the engine compartment on the radiator support. Passenger side wire should also ground to the battery negative.
- Battery ground (large wire) from the battery to the alternator mounting bracket
- Engine ground from block to frame on passenger side, usually a flat braided wire
- Engine ground from block to firewall on passenger side, should be a smaller sized braided wire
- Ground for rear lighting, in back under the bumper - large gauge white wire coming out of lighting harness
- Each tail light and parking light is also grounded, usually with a white wire. Bad ground will usually only affect one bulb, or in the front it may make turn signals flash incorrectly

Interior lights coming on at the wrong time is a definite grounding problem. They work differently because they have constant 12 volts power, but are turned on when grounded through the door switches or by rotating the headlight switch. This is the opposite of most other bulbs and devices, which are always grounded, and then turned on by applying power.

Bruce

Tom corsi

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 3+3
Engine Size
What did you figure out street5 I have the exact same issue

Forum statistics

Threads