85 C10 Chevy leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shaky
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Does anyone have any information on how many Leafs are supposed to be in your leaf springs on a 85 C10 Chevy pickup?

85 CA SIERRA 1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
TRACEY
Truck Year
Truck Model
SIERRA CLASSIC
Engine Size
Does anyone have any information on how many Leafs are supposed to be in your leaf springs on a 85 C10 Chevy pickup?
Hi Randy,,,Even though I am one of the new guys here, I will try to answer since your post is kinda old and no one else has chimed in.
Check the RPO sticker in the glove box, it will show which spring pack it came from the assembly-line with, this was determined by which GVWR package was ordered on the truck.
To the best of my understanding there were 3 or 4 option packages available in '85 ranging from a very light but soft riding truck that had a very low GVWR of something like 4900 lbs to what was called a Heavy Half or light 3/4 that had a GVWR of 6200 lbs.
Of course, tires and wheels as well as rear axles were also upgraded along with the larger spring-packs to handle the additional payload capacity.
Hope this helps,
Tracey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28