84 C10 Body Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have 3 questions concerning the resurrection I'm in the middle of:

1. Should the back of the bench seat tilt forward when the truck is not running? There are no levers or buttons to push/pull and it will not budge.

2. Are there any issues or concerns I should be aware of if I replace all of the instrument and warning light bulbs with LED's? Can anyone suggest a vendor for the correct replacement?

3. I have located an original paint, rust free '85 cab only ($800) and I need to know if there will be any issues or problems transferring everything from mine when when the paint work inside and out is completed? Everything inside mine is working and the task of switching over is beyond my imagination and ability so I will have to find someone to do this for me. I plan to talk to my body/paint guy today to see if he can do it. My fear is that I will end up with some things broken or not working.

Thanks for any answers, advice or opinions.

PS: not sure how this posting works

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
1. Yes, it should tilt forward. Unless the seat has been swapped. In the earlier years, the tilt back was an option. Or it could be a front seat from a Suburban or crew cab.

2. The bulb design has a lot to do with it. Some cast a focused light, others tend to broadcast the light. I'd assume the broadcast type is better. Your dimmer will no longer work, you can have them on or off.

3. '84 and '85 cabs are the same.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
You can find dimmable LED's so your dimmer will work. They cost a little bit more.
Also 168 and 194 bulbs are basically the same. The difference is 2 watts or 3 watts when using normal bulbs. When you are talking about LED's, there are no differences. (just in case you or anyone else was wondering). You will prob want something that broadcasts like in the pic.

You must be registered for see images attach