80 C30 fuel filler neck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ewhitaker0020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 5.0
We're trying to find a solution for my father-in-law's 1980 C30 with a dump bed.

The problem he presented me with is the fuel filler neck is lower than the tank and when he pumps gas he has trouble. "No problem", says I, "there's a steel rod that holds the end and we'll just bend it up higher and problem solved".

Well, I hate the set up for the fuel filler neck because it puts the gas cap way under the edge of the dump bed. It's a 7 foot wide dump bed and hangs way over the fuel tank. I don't want to extend the fuel filler neck out any longer because it would hang out too far and I worry it would catch on something.

I've thought about running it up towards the cab and then out sideways. That would allow him to access it without raising the bed. Obviously the easy solution is just to replace the hoses (they're rotting) and leave it like it is. Raising the bed isn't too bad. Does anybody have a creative solutions for this?
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I googled Chevy C30 dump truck and started looking through the images. Most are similar to this with a shorter fill pipe. I think the expectation is to lift the bed to access the fill pipe easier.

Ewhitaker0020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 5.0
I googled Chevy C30 dump truck and started looking through the images. Most are similar to this with a shorter fill pipe. I think the expectation is to lift the bed to access the fill pipe easier.

Yep, I guess the bed is supposed to be raised. I guess we'll just bend the support rod up and replace hoses. Thanks for the help

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54