$8.54 caliper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
I am in another fight with my s10. As I have said before, I gave this thing to my mom awhile back. She sure doesnt understand maintenance or letting me know when there are problems. Fun driving it to my place stuck in third gear. I have to replace shift solenoids in the transmission. Anyways, I just got back from oreillys and after my core and my $15 coupon, this caliper came to $8.54. Haha. That can't be right. But I didn't protest. Sure is rare to actually get a good deal for a change.

You must be registered for see images attach

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
Haha

You must be registered for see images attach

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Moms' are like that. They don't want to trouble their kids. God Bless them all.

Great deal on the caliper!

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
Haha. It's nice to get a good deal once in awhile. I was thinking $60 minimum. Normally I by parts online. But it needed driver side caliper so bad. I could hear it rattle as I drove it to my place. Stuck in third gear with the check engine light flashing. Thanks for letting me know how bad it's gotten mom. Haha. But she doesn't get it. Just hit the go pedal.

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
I realize this isn't really thread worthy but I was so excited to finally get a good deal. Haha

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
Or in my truck step harder on the pedal... twin 3" flowmasters drown it all out
That's how it's done. I completely understand. And you rarely hear that sound anymore. At least not in Minnesota. A well tuned v8 with a nice dual exhaust setup. What a great sound

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
That math just dont figure....
She 100 percent botched this transaction. No question. But I figure oreillys has gotten the best of me many many times. So it's nice to get one

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
That's how it's done. I completely understand. And you rarely hear that sound anymore. At least not in Minnesota. A well tuned v8 with a nice dual exhaust setup. What a great sound
Mine aint in no way tuned... lol its a random set of second hand headers, true duals, no cats, dual flowmasters and they turn down at a 45 before the rear with no tips, Just the 90 bend on the end of each pipe. All in 3". Get on er and the next county will hear her. There is a pic in my album somewhere.

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
Sounds
Mine aint in no way tuned... lol its a random set of second hand headers, true duals, no cats, dual flowmasters and they turn down at a 45 before the rear with no tips, Just the 90 bend on each pipe. All in 3". Get on er and the next county will hear her.
Nice setup. That's the great thing about it. It's easy to do. Maybe it's just from my childhood of my dad always having a nice sounding pickup. But I always have to have at least one loud pickup in my fleet. And loud in a good way. Not I have a dodge Dakota running straight out of the manifolds. Bent valves. Cracked head. Feel the power!! I have met one to many if those guys throughout the years. But nothing beats a nice dual exhaust v8 sound. And it's so easy to do. Like you say

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Sounds

Nice setup. That's the great thing about it. It's easy to do. Maybe it's just from my childhood of my dad always having a nice sounding pickup. But I always have to have at least one loud pickup in my fleet. And loud in a good way. Not I have a dodge Dakota running straight out of the manifolds. Bent valves. Cracked head. Feel the power!! I have met one to many if those guys throughout the years. But nothing beats a nice dual exhaust v8 sound. And it's so easy to do. Like you say
Theres a good many hot and street rods flying around my neighborhood during the warm months plus the drag strip is only a few miles over the mountain so i hear tons of awesome thunder during the summer. Plus the fumes of race fuel on the wind... OMG!!!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Sounds

Also funny, when i bought this truck after i put the motor and trans in it i ran it all over within a few miles with just open headers, no inspection or registration lol. I love causin a ruckus! Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jakebr8k