79 Silverado - brake issues after lowering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ih8vols

Reaction score
First Name
SC
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
2002 LS1 4.8
I just lowered the front 3” with drop spindles. When putting everything back together, the steel hose to the caliber had to be bent slightly to keep the rubber brake hose from running the caster nut on the spindle. This is common when lowering from what I’ve read.

I never disconnected the brake line from the caliber while working on the spindles.

Once I got everything put back together, I started it up and had no brakes. The pedal went to the floor. Was never able to get any pressure. There’s no leaks. There was plenty of fluid in the MC.

The only thing I can think of is that I 1) pinched the brake like at the steel end or 2) somehow air got into the line.

Pictured below is the passenger side bend that I had to do. It doesn’t look bent enough to cause it to be pinched or anything.

Any ideas what might be the problem? I’m thinking of bleeding the brakes and seeing if that fixes it. Still trying to decide. Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
I had to to some tweaking on my front lines when I did the spindle/spring drop on mine. But I can't help you with the pedal to the floor issue because I took EVERYTHING apart when I did it because I did new ball joints, steering and any other part that could wear.

1985c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Not sure if you figured this out or not. You said you never disconnected the lines but the picture shows a clearly disconnected line so yes you’ll need to bleed. Other then that double check the entire run of line from the master cylinder to the calipers and see if it’s leaking somewhere. Usually a pinched off line will still have pedal pressure unless it’s leaking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jakebr8k