700r4 wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
the pic below is the wiring that I pulled off of my truck. Come to find out, my 84, had a '73 smog engine in it with some mods. The transmission by the RPO is supposed to be a 350 and Im assuming lock up as it has the low vacuum switch in the correct location. But check out the wiring below.

I very much understand the plug to the 700R4.
The connectors "to the low vacuum switch", one goes to the switch, I assume the other to power.
What are the 1. and 2. for? They are oil soaked and were not plugged into anything. The transmission did lock up before.
As you can tell from the 700R4 connector, it is oil soaked and part of it is damaged. So I am getting a pig tail and going to rewire this circuit.

You must be registered for see images attach

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
In case anyone else needs it. I knew the circuit was pretty simple. Aftermarket kits seem to make it complicated. I hate manual toggle switches. The lockup conduit has 3 wires and unless you have a computer controlled truck or EGR bleed, then you dont need the third wire. In the 1984 wiring diagram, it only shows two C trucks. The rest are K's. I assuming that from the firewall forward, a K wiring diagram would work. But since I dont have an EGR anymore, the K diagram isnt needed. And since 84's were not computer controlled, I dont need the third wire. It looks like it is just the two highlighted wires.

The previous owner must have taken the wires from my transmission, which is a later MD8 and just thrown it in the truck. Even on the EGR bleed solenoid, it doesn't show either connector 1 or 2. The EGR bleed would have blue and yellow wires.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84