700R4 Poly Mount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I replaced my original rubber 700R4 mount last year with another rubber one from Rock Auto and the fugger already is ripped again now. Anybody use poly mounts and can recommend which one to use? Any input or opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

SkinnyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
350/TH350
I've used Energy Suspension for everything poly. They may not be the best out there, but they are pretty good enough.

I'm using their poly trans mount, as well as their motor mounts, cab mounts, and full suspension bushings. I feel everything.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
X2 as far as the Energy Suspension poly mounts. I too have them everywhere including the sway bars, bump stops and motor mounts. They far exceed the oem rubber and they don't tear or wear like rubber.

BR@NDON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Surburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
What would the noticeable differences be with going poly? I'm going to be looking at body mounts, trans mounts etc. here soon and just curious.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
I didn't notice any difference with the poly body mounts, but I did notice a HUGE difference with the control arm bushings and swaybar bushings. The main difference is that poly doesn't break down nor does it squash over time unlike rubber. If you replace the control arm bushings...it a pita to drill out the old rubber bushings (I ended up torching and drilling mine out). The poly replacement went in easily. As far as the trans mounts, the polyurethane units just outlast the rubber and they firm the mount up quite a bit.

SkinnyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
350/TH350
I've found poly suspension bushings feel like about 10psi more air in the tires (they firm everything up).

Cab mounts transmitted a lot more driveline vibration into the cab. I'm still not sold on them, and it's been two years.

Motor and trans mounts, despite 10.9:1 and a snotty cam, weren't anywhere near as bad as I feared.

The factory trans mount dies quick if there is an oil leak from the yolk (common). Poly is impervious to that, so it lasts much much longer.

BR@NDON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Surburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Got it - thanks guys

Latest posts