700r4 dipstick broke in half

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geolee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Was going to go for a ride and checked the trans fluid before I was about to leave and when i pulled out the dipstick it broke towards the end close to the full mark. Anyone else had this happen?

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Only if the dipstick was bent or damaged before. Drop the pan, hopefully enough is sticking out of the bottom of the pube for you to grab and remove.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Whaaaat? How in the world did a dip stick break? Ever try to break one? They are tough as hell. You could make a pretzel out of one and it would just be bent like a pretzel. And there are no moving trans. parts where the dip stick comes out in the pan. Have you ever noticed anything near where it broke before? And I'm certainly not suggesting you would miss or ignore something like that, I'm just trying to think of what in the world would break one...there.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I had mine break. @Paladin had one and kindly sent it to me.

Mine fortunately broke when I was wiping it off for a reading so I had both pieces and could measure the correct length.

It can be repaired using the induction type welding.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I'd pull the dipstick tube just 1 bolt twist and pull and you probably can grab the broken piece with needle nose. Actually if memory serves me right th350 s right from the factory had a knockout plug from assembly laying in the bottom of the pan. I wouldn't worry about it if I could get another stick in it. The piece is to big to go through the filter even if it does lay on the bottom of the pan.