1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

700R4 bushing driver sets

Discussion in 'Automatic Transmission' started by Burb restorer, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Burb restorer

Burb restorer Junior Member

First Name:
    Terry
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    Suburban Silverado 4X4
    Engine Size:
    350 V-8
    Greetings to all fellow GM Square Body owners. I am currently rebuilding a 1987 700R4 automatic transmission. Which bushing driver set is the best? I see several different manufacturers out there but wanted to know if the old Snap On bushing driver sets will work. I see that Snap On doesn't even list the steel driver sets any longer. I want to replace all the bushings, not an option so from my research, the largest driver diameter in one of the Snap On sets goes up to 1 7/8. Can someone tell me if this is the largest diameter I will need? The factory 1987 Suburban repair manual only gives the locations of the bushings, no sizes. THANKS!!!

2. Matt69olds

Matt69olds Full Access Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    GMC 1/2 ton
    Engine Size:
    455 Olds
    Do you have a cam bearing installation tool? Before I had all the factory bushing drivers that’s what I used.

3. Burb restorer

Burb restorer Junior Member

First Name:
    Terry
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    Suburban Silverado 4X4
    Engine Size:
    350 V-8
    Greetings Matt69olds and thanks for the reply. Actually, yes, I do have a complete cam bearing installation tool set, that didn't cross my mind I guess because of the smaller bushings but I do have a small bushing driver set. I was mainly concerned with the larger bushings......good idea. I am on it......THANKS a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!