70.25" Carbon Fiber Driveshaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spddm0n

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
None yet
Hey all -

I recently acquired an '83 C10 2WD long bed truck and it had a carbon fiber driveshaft that came with it. The drive shaft is 70.25" long (joint to joint)! This seems to be quite long, compared with most of the discussion I read about, regarding driveshaft length. Is this the length of an OEM driveshaft?

The truck is originally a manual transmission chassis, though it had a Turbo 350 in the bed when I acquired it. The transmission had a 6" tail shaft, so I'm not certain of how all the dimensions equate, but I'm wondering if this driveshaft could be used on this truck.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Not sure, but given the rotating mass of the rest of your drive train, it may not be worth the trouble.

spddm0n

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
None yet
Hey, thanks for the reply. I imagine the design intent would be for a high horsepower application. I'm just curious what setup would require such a length. I still have the OEM GM two-piece driveshaft, and it's actually longer! About 80.25" (give or take 1/4").

I'm wondering if the Turbo 350 transmission that came with it would have lined up to the 10-bolt rear axle. ??

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

Forum statistics