6" ORD lift. Rear E brake Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colonel mustard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5 blazer
Engine Size
hey yall....this might be in the wrong forum. but since I am currently installing the lift I figured this would be the best place for it.

I am installing a 6" ORD custom spring pack on an 82 k5. the brake cable on my 10 bolt is super tight. how are yall extending the ebrake cable? I have a 14 bolt FF I will be rebuilding next week so I don't really wanna spend a ton (any) of money making things work on the 10 bolt.

Any advice is appreciated. thanks

You must be registered for see images

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Do you have this style of brake cables? When I did the 6" n my '77 K5 (1993) I made my own drop down brackets from angle iron. I used the original hole near the spring hanger to bolt the top and drilled a hole in the bottom about 3-4" down to fit the cable through. This is before I found out you can buy longer cables (part #3) that go into the drums.

You must be registered for see images

colonel mustard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5 blazer
Engine Size
good idea. I didn't know you could buy longer cables either. if I wasn't going to do the axle swap next month I would go ahead and buy the cables. ill work on the drop down bracket

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I needed a brake cable for my '85 K30 (different style). I was able to go to my local Chevy Dealer and they still have an old parts book. I was able to take a picture of the page I needed. It gave me a starting point for how long the cables were and I purchased an aftermarket one to accommodate my lift. Sorry, I tried turning the picture and it keeps coming up sideways.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128