6/7 drop tire size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Completing my 6/7 drop this week and looking into 20" wheels. Just wondering what size tires guys are running with simmilar drop?

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
My fronts...20x8.....255x45x20. ...

rear 20x10......305x40x20. ..

and my truck is bagged.....:signs6:

You must be registered for see images attach

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
I still have a few inches...

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Now thats funny !! Lmao...

Hey, the offer stands...if you want to bag your truck, bring it over so we can chop it

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
The offer is up...if you want to bag your truck, bring it over. You know you want to......:Stupid Me::superhack:

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So got all rear components installed wich include 5" flip, new u bolts and plate, 2" shackles, c notch ,removed over load leaf and installed ONE shock(shocks were included with kit)....... thats the problem the passenger side shock was too short. The distance from the lower shock mount and top mount were 16 1/2". Shock totally extended was 14 1/2. Driver side went on no problem distance from mounts were just under 14 1/2. I tried jacking up passanger side of the axel as high as it would go before it started to lift truck and still about an inch off. Seemed as if maybe the axel was a little **** eyed but after measuring concluded that wasnt the problem. So i did the whole jack her up as far as shell go and with some leverage to push down the frame i got the lower shock bolt in. But it just didnt look right after all the weight was off and the leafs were at full sag (See pics) Passanger side was alot higher.When i put truck on ground there was no play in passenger side shock ,super stiff as if the shock itself was in a bind. Now of course my passanger side sits higher then driver side. One theory is maybe when i put the bed back on the weight will help it settle. And one solution i had was maybe get shock extenders and go with a longer shock. The whole 2" difference from passanger side mounts and driver side mounts concern me though . Any advice would be much appreciated

R10C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350/700R4
Now thats funny !! Lmao...

Hey, the offer stands...if you want to bag your truck, bring it over so we can chop it

ugh brother you know I want to...but I don't want to... you fought the urge for a while. We've talked about it... you know what I mean. but we have both been down that mini truck road before and when is low, low enough? you know I'll bag it then well damn, still not low enough, better relocate gas tanks and body drop it... you know what I mean... its a landslide from there....

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Yeah no kidding. Mine is as low as it will be. Im not wanting at least on this build to relocate the tanks, remove the ac, cut and fab a new tunnel...etc...etc...

The benefit of bagging it for me is the ability to adjust the height for better driveability as necessary. It's also an antitheft device as well. When the alarm is set, the bags dump and it can't be rolled...lol

SkinnyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
350/TH350
Can you post pics? I don't see any pics.

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Can you post pics? I don't see any pics.
Not sure why this thread posted twice but its also in the lowerd and street systems section along with pics. Like to get your thoughts on my issue if you can find it there. Thx

cooperhw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
1978, 1981, 1983
Truck Model
C-10, K-20, C-20
Engine Size
5.7L
I am planning (at least for now) to run 275/40 20" wheels in the rear and somewhat smaller in the front. will have to calculate that once I get closer. here's a side shot of my 78. BAGG IT>

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Not sure why this thread posted twice but its also in the lowerd and street systems section along with pics. Like to get your thoughts on my issue if you can find it there. Thx

Do you plan on having 15 inch wheels like the steel rally oems? If you plan on using 15inch factory wheels, you may have clearance issues with the lower control arms. If you go with a larger diameter wheel, like a 20 inch for example, it gives you more options and they will clear the control arms...you will just need to consider a lower profile tire with a larger diameter wheel of course. I am running a 20x8 front and a 20x10 rear. I also dont have oem front inner fenders ( I made my own ). With the amount of drop you will have...you might be able to fit a 60 series 15 inch tire up front, with minor fender well scuffing on big rolling bumps. The back isn't as much of an issue. If you have bottoming out issues out front with a 65 series tire, install taller polyurethane bump stops in place of the oem rubber units. There are polyurethane bump stops that can be cut down to height depending on what you need. Autozone sells them for around $15 a pair. I have used several over the years to keep from bottoming out metal to metal. I currently have a set in my rear bridge that are there to prevent my rear tires from rubbing the inner fenders when all of the air is dumped from the rear bags.

The polyurethane bump stop in the pic has been cut down from its original height approx 1/2". If you use these up front, you will have to drill a hole to mount it or completely remove the oem metal bracket that the rubber bumpstops are attached to a have a new bracket welded in place. It seems like a bit of work, but when I had a static drop of 5 front and 7 rear, with these stops in place, it saved my tires from rubbing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara