6.2 fuel system wireing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan01

Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hey I have a 6.2L diesel from the 80s and I am have a hard time finding information on how to wire it. I have nothing from the vehicle just the engine itself. How would I go about wireing itor am I missing something.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my LM-Q910 using Tapatalk

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
The fat wire on the front left terminal powers the shutdown solenoid. It's energize-to-run, so should go to the key. The smaller side that is jumped to the idle stepper is a cold start and should be attached to a temperature switch near the back of the passenger side cylinder head. The switch opens once the coolant hits 100°. It's not essential for operation, but it's handy on cold mornings.

Logan01

Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
The fat wire on the front left terminal powers the shutdown solenoid. It's energize-to-run, so should go to the key. The smaller side that is jumped to the idle stepper is a cold start and should be attached to a temperature switch near the back of the passenger side cylinder head. The switch opens once the coolant hits 100°. It's not essential for operation, but it's handy on cold mornings.
Ok thank-you very much. I'm in Canada so I will probably want it working gets pretty cold up here

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Definitely. It should be powered by the key as well.

Do you have the glowplug harnesses and controllers? You'll never get it started in the cold without them.

Logan01

Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
No I've wired the glow plugs to a toggle switch. Same with the starter. And I'm going to do the same with the injector pump.
I'm doing a half ass rat rod with it so I'm ok with switches all over the place.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84