6.2 diesel to LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outcast99

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 3+3
Engine Size
i have a donor Tahoe I’m gonna use that’s currently my daily. Has the 5.3 LS. My dually is a6.2 with dual saddle bag tanks.

I know I can get a stand-alone harness but as far as fuel goes, should I use the Tahoe fuel tank as well?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
If it were me, I’d use ‘87+ TBI saddle tanks. Those have the baffling to protect the pump pickup from fuel sloshing. No modding and you still keep that nice fuel capacity. I don’t know what the LS guys do for the tank switching valve, but there are plenty of really well authored build threads that deal with all the issues you’d encounter.

Tanaga

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
If it were me, I’d use ‘87+ TBI saddle tanks. Those have the baffling to protect the pump pickup from fuel sloshing. No modding and you still keep that nice fuel capacity. I don’t know what the LS guys do for the tank switching valve, but there are plenty of really well authored build threads that deal with all the issues you’d encounter.

I have a 1990 crew cab diesel and the tanks don’t have baffles. I’ve only looked in one tank and am assuming the other is the same. Can anyone tell me why a TBI engine would have baffles and a Diesel engine doesn’t?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
The diesel has a mechanical pump, and the TBI has an in-tank electric pump. Mechanical fuel delivery is a lot less sensitive to sloshing since the pump isn’t at the pickup.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg