6.2 diesel exhaust system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overthedge21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
M1010
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
So my truck needs an exhaust. Badly. I see they have full kits on lmc and such, but they only have them for the SB and bb engines, none for the 6.2. Would one of those kits for a SBC fit a 6.2? Or if not dido anybody know a place that has exhaust kits for these engines? Because I've been looking around and I can't seem to find any, and I'd rather not pay out the ass to have a system custom built.

84 M1008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
M1008 K30
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
A good exhaust shop should be able to to fab up a dual exhaust system relatively easily. It's a straight back system, not complicated at all.

Overthedge21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
M1010
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
Wouldn't that be expensive though, or do I just have no idea what I'm talking about? I figured a shop would want a hefty sum to build me a full exhaust

84 M1008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
M1008 K30
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
Nah, it's not a complicated system if you go with a dual exhaust .

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I wouldn't say it's a great product, but I'm pretty sure Walker still makes most of the pieces you need. It will probably be the cheapest way to go.

A good exhaust shop with a bender and a guy that knows how to use it should be able to make one up for a not insane number. As you've heard it is not a complicated system. Best part about having one made is they can use better quality materials like aluminized steel or stainless. You won't know how much they will charge until you ask.

Good luck.

BGPick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 2WD
Engine Size
6.2L Detroit Diesel
Depending on your year, RockAuto has exhaust parts for dirt cheap, they are pre-bent direct replacements for the 6.2. Mine is an 86 and this is what they have for me. Gets you 90% of the way complete for WELL under $100 total. Just need some mufflers and maybe another small piece or two fabbed up at the exhaust shop.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
So my truck needs an exhaust. Badly. I see they have full kits on lmc and such, but they only have them for the SB and bb engines, none for the 6.2. Would one of those kits for a SBC fit a 6.2? Or if not dido anybody know a place that has exhaust kits for these engines? Because I've been looking around and I can't seem to find any, and I'd rather not pay out the ass to have a system custom built.

Try these guys - AP Exhaust:

https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/where-to-buy-exhaust-pipe.21167/page-3#post-405087

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8