5.7 vortec swap what is needed from donor truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C-45

Reaction score
First Name
Colt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
so I have a 97 Sierra (donor truck ) 2wd I’m going to be putting it into my 75 c10 I want to keep ac and obviously the fi system in tact. for the ac I will be using my own custom made ac box

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
if your donor is intact, you already have most of what you’ll need.

You’ll need a baffled tank, sender and fuel pump. You’ll also need a gauge cluster that will work with the donor ecm.

Tuning the ecm to work with whatever exhaust system you come up with will be necessary as well.

I’m sure there is something I’m forgetting. The bulk of the work seems like it will be wiring.

C-45

Reaction score
First Name
Colt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The truck came to me running so I’ll take the fuel tank and pump and I’ll pull both sides of the harness as well I’m assuming I’ll need the harness to plug into the gauge cluster or do people just cut the plug with enough wire to splice into ? I just don’t want to forget anything does anybody know if my stock 75 driveline is going to bolt in and match up with the new trans ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell