4l80e speed sensor connections

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daveo91Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Silverado Suburban
Engine Size
Vortec 383, modified TBI/4L80e
Having trouble figuring out the sensor connections on my 4l80e. I’ve looked at tons of different wiring diagrams and none seem to have my colors of wires - it’s obvious that a PO has done some work down here. Basically I have two wire pairs that have the same connector and don’t know which goes to input sensor (front of tranny) and which goes to output (rear of tranny). One wire pair has dk blu/wht and wht (or gray)/red; the other has green/yellow and lt blu. I current have the one with dark blu connected to the front sensor because I found a diagram that seemed to indicate that was correct. Is that right?

There’s also a purple/wht and green/blk pair but I’m pretty sure it goes to tail shaft of t-case since it has a different wiring connector and it’s the longest of the three.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I can check on mine later tonight

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Purple one is for tcase, dark blue and grey/red front. Rear on mine are completely different colors( blue and white aftermarket connector)

Daveo91Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Silverado Suburban
Engine Size
Vortec 383, modified TBI/4L80e
Thanks for checking - matches up with what I was thinking and also this schematic that I found:
You must be registered for see images attach

builds4christ

Reaction score
First Name
Asterios
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Hey guys, I need help.

Converting my 96 k1500 4L60e to a 96 4L80e. I have most of the pinouts figured out, but I have one question. I discovered that the VSS for the 4L60e is actually on the transfer case. This kinda threw a wrench into what I thought I had to do with the pinouts on the 0411. It thought it was going to be easy because I expected a sensor to be on the tranny, not necessarily the transfer case.

To my question,

Since the 4L80e has two VSS sensors, do I just re-wire the VSS from the transfer case into the 80 and leave the sensor sitting there, unused on the transfer case? Based on the pinout spreadsheet I have from when I converted to the 0411, I have 4 wires to use on VSS for front and rear sensors. There WERE two other wires that were spliced together and inserted as a single signal for VSS as well, but there doesn't seem to be any instruction or explanation other than that. The spreadsheet calls out for one set of VSS wires to be 80 specific and the others to be 60 specific and then those two that are tied together.

Anyway, I may be over thinking it, but that's where I'm stuck. Do I leave the transfer case VSS out of the loop and tie those wires into the 80? Any input would be greatly appreciated! See attached for pinout Spreadsheet.

Attachments

• 96 v8 to 411 wiring file re drawn.xlsx - Sheet1.pdf
    90.9 KB · Views: 60

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shepard te