4l60e Ttansmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
I'm looking for a good 4l60e trans to go behind a 1975 350 SBC. Will travel surrounding states for the right one and price.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Unless there is very good proof of one being good, would be better to just build one from a core. What controller planning to use for it?

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
Unless there is very good proof of one being good, would be better to just build one from a core. What controller planning to use for it?

Looking at a stand alone controller, haven't made the final decision on which one to use.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
If you tell me what youre looking for out of it, i can build you one for cheap. I just do it for fun, im not incredibly fast, but i do a thorough job.

We're 1 hour away

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Looking at a stand alone controller, haven't made the final decision on which one to use.
@Bextreme04 knows the ins and outs of using a 0411 GM computer to control the trans.
Seems to be fairly simple and it will be the way I end up doing my 4L80 and my kid does his 4L60 someday...

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
@Bextreme04 knows the ins and outs of using a 0411 GM computer to control the trans.
Seems to be fairly simple and it will be the way I end up doing my 4L80 and my kid does his 4L60 someday...

Are you talking about a SBC 350 with a 4l60e and using the 411 computer combination?

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Are you talking about a SBC 350 with a 4l60e and using the 411 computer combination?

If you aren't running EFI on the engine, you can use an 0411 computer to control just the transmission with just a TPS sensor and tach input. Really only the TPS is needed, but the tach helps. You should be able to get a standalone harness or just get one from a junkyard for $50-150(Its better if you just get the trans harness with the trans), I got an 0411 ECU with pigtails for $50, and then bought an OBDX Pro VT for $60. Now I can do all of my read/write using LSDroid or PCM Hammer for free and I can adjust the tune using TunerPro RT, also for free.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size

Yes sir.
Carb'd engine and computer controlled transmission.
Until I get all fancy and go EFI that is.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
If you aren't running EFI on the engine, you can use an 0411 computer to control just the transmission with just a TPS sensor and tach input. Really only the TPS is needed, but the tach helps. You should be able to get a standalone harness or just get one from a junkyard for $50-150(Its better if you just get the trans harness with the trans), I got an 0411 ECU with pigtails for $50, and then bought an OBDX Pro VT for $60. Now I can do all of my read/write using LSDroid or PCM Hammer for free and I can adjust the tune using TunerPro RT, also for free.

Using an HEI distributor with a Holley 4010 carb.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
Yes sir.
Carb'd engine and computer controlled transmission.
Until I get all fancy and go EFI that is.

Is there a write up or wire diagram anywhere?

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Is there a write up or wire diagram anywhere?
There's a bunch all over the place. Its actually very simple in your use case. The easiest way would be to call up one of the companies that does LS swap harnesses and tell them what you are doing. They can provide you a harness that would plug into the trans and have open wires to go to Power, ground, tach, and TPS.

You can get a TPS sensor kit to bolt to your Holley here: https://www.innovatemotorsports.com...sor-tps-carburetor-applications-p-n-3930.html or use some other method.

You can also decide to modify a stock harness and use the info from various forums and websites like LT1swap. https://www.lt1swap.com/wiringharness.htm

Its really not bad... if you got a computer and pigtails from somewhere(they were in almost all 99-2003 chevrolet vehicles and will have the blue and red connectors) then you can just get the trans harness section when you get the transmission and connect them up. I think the transmission harness will only have 3 connectors and maybe 6 wires? Plus 1 wire for the tach and three wires for the TPS. It also would give you the ability to control electric fans and also to read out data over an OBD2 interface such as trans temp, coolant temp, RPM, TPS, etc...

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
There's a bunch all over the place. Its actually very simple in your use case. The easiest way would be to call up one of the companies that does LS swap harnesses and tell them what you are doing. They can provide you a harness that would plug into the trans and have open wires to go to Power, ground, tach, and TPS.

You can get a TPS sensor kit to bolt to your Holley here: https://www.innovatemotorsports.com...sor-tps-carburetor-applications-p-n-3930.html or use some other method.

You can also decide to modify a stock harness and use the info from various forums and websites like LT1swap. https://www.lt1swap.com/wiringharness.htm

Its really not bad... if you got a computer and pigtails from somewhere(they were in almost all 99-2003 chevrolet vehicles and will have the blue and red connectors) then you can just get the trans harness section when you get the transmission and connect them up. I think the transmission harness will only have 3 connectors and maybe 6 wires? Plus 1 wire for the tach and three wires for the TPS. It also would give you the ability to control electric fans and also to read out data over an OBD2 interface such as trans temp, coolant temp, RPM, TPS, etc...

Thanks, I have a 411 computer, but its been programmed before and is locked, and I have a 12576106 computer.

At first all I could find was aftermarket setups for around $800. This sounds a lot more promising. I do have a wire harness that was butchered before I got it, might be able to just get what wires I need.

Last edited:

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350

I have the HP tuner, and currently looking int the open source software and have TunerPro RT downloaded, have my bench top harness made, ordered the OBDLink LX, but I don't have and android /tablet device yet.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Thanks, I have a 411 computer, but its been programmed before and is locked, and I have a 12576106 computer.

At first all I could find was aftermarket setups for around $800. This sounds a lot more promising. I do have a wire harness that was butchered before I got it, might be able to just get what wires I need.

The tune file might be locked, but you can just write over it with a new stock OS and put whatever you want on it. The express van 2156 OS is a popular one with lots of aftermarket support including XDF's. The LSdroid for windows now has a built in repository for stock known-good bin files. I'd suggest starting with a known good 2002 Express van bin since they came with 2wd 5.7/4L60e from the factory. You can even get fancy and put a 24x crank reluctor wheel on it and use the vortec distributor for a 1x cam signal to run LS CNP... I'd personally get a kick out of seeing a carbureted CNP setup :rotflmao:

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I have the HP tuner, and currently looking int the open source software and have TunerPro RT downloaded, have my bench top harness made, ordered the OBDLink LX, but I don't have and android /tablet device yet.

If you already have the HPtuner tool, you might not need another tool. You can use LSdroid without an android tablet now. They have a windows app. PCM Hammer is also a windows app and can be used to read/write the tune. Everything else can be done through Tunerpro on your laptop. The same guys that did PCM Hammer also have a PCM Logger program that will let you datalog.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uberbeans