47RH Swap Shift linkage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarrett Melvin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jarrett
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Got a chance to buy a full donor truck. 94 12v ppump, 47RH and t-case. Not sure on what t-case tho.

I'll be swapping it into my 87 1 ton, that I 4wd swapped, currently has 350tbi, sm465,np 208.

The truck was standard but I do have an auto shift column out of an 83, to use.

Only concern I have or am u familiar with right now is how the shift linkage would work after swapping in the auto column and connecting it to the 47RH.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Obviously your going to need a column shift steering column. It’s going to take a little fabrication to adapt the GM column to the Mopar trans. Try to get all the shifter linkage and mounting brackets from the donor truck.

Pretty sure the throttle valve is cable operated, once again get all the linkage. If you have to fabricate anything, I’d suggest a line pressure gauge for the first test drive. Only thing that will kill a transmission faster than improper TV cable adjustment is low fluid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC