350 turbo question..,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bear
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
As some of you know I recently bought a 1977 K10 Step side. I am trying to get back on the road after it was sitting for 15 years. I had to replace the steering column and as I was doing this I noticed that the transmission doesn’t really have a Park mode, meaning that when I put it I park there is no sound of the Pawl locking it so it doesn’t roll and you can still roll it when the shift lever is all the way up and the key is out. I haven’t dropped the tanny pan to look to see if there is a Pawl in there. It has the sounds of all the other gears like RN321 but no Park AND the shift lever goes way too far up like it feels like it’s never goin to stop but it does with no lock in Park or sound. It’s the 350 Turbo with the 203 Case. I know the truck was abused and no one knows about the tranny condition. I went under to check the linkage and adjusted it correctly but Park super weird. The T Case seems to adjusted correctly but I haven’t really took the time to do a through check. I really need your help fellas. This truck is one very strange project. I actually pulled the motor yesterday because it has a leak in every bolt on the thing. I am going to install all new gaskets if the compression and oil pump checks out. I’m sorry to keep asking and bugging you guys for help. Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54