350 SBC rebuild questions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HaulingHay

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
350 SBC
Hi all new here.

Posting because i have a few questions. here is some background, truck is a 73 c30 350 with a sm465 RWD. truck is used for hauling hay mostly and to collect fire wood around the farm here. main question is what cam can you all recommend? its stock, fresh rebuild on a 4 bolt main, standard size, stock heads, stock intake and a rebuilding a quadrajet Trying to keep it simple, so would like something that would work with stock springs. Thanks, i can answer any other questions too, just let me know!

semperfiguy98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K20
Engine Size
I like the Summit Racing K1102 cam kit. Moderately priced, overall good reviews. I just bought one for my 86 k20 with Vortec heads.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Not trying to be captain obvious, but what is wrong with the stock cam for a stock truck?
Eric

HaulingHay

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
350 SBC
Hey Eric,

Good question, well to begin the cam I took out was super worn, bearings were worn and starting to show that golden color, other than that I am just looking for a bit more power to help but dont want to have to do extra work at this time to the valve train. So I figure if I will put in a new cam itll be now with the rebuild.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8