350>454>lq4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Chime in. I have an 85 6.2 diesel, needs new injector pump, but truck is quite nice otherwise. Here is a pic. Want to fix the pump and run it this winter, why?
You must be registered for see images attach

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Dang 6.2#$%^*&%^, got all glow plugs working, last night cracked all the injectors and fuel to them all. That tells me that the IPump is good, (rebuilt,) fuel solenoid, checked out, but battery's are not doin the job as voltage goes to 10 volts while cranking, and bugger, new battery time. However I believe I have all my ducks in a row now, as everything that is needed get this thing started is now working great, so tomorrow to town to get a couple Batteries from Costco, best deal around here. I hope, I hope this works!! FYI I am selling the motor, have a LQ4 for this, and a BW 475, 1.31 that should do well. I am also on the Turbo Forum, and have received some help from those guys. Was going to put this in the K20.....but that 454....most fun you can have and keep your britches' on. Trick flow top end kit, kinda makes me weak in the knees, Want it!!

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
May also drop in a Scat tater' sembly with a 4.375 stroke and .06 os pistons. This is an early block, (Mark IV)., and I may be able to bore .125 over. If so I will shift my bores toward the intake valve .02-.04, and the shift would be about 45 Deg toward the back of the block, and toward the intake. Helps unshroud the valves and is good for min 10 free HP. I will also deshroud the block on the intake side as well. This takes about .2 cc of compression away, but can be compensated for by gasket thickness. This is all $$$, so every essential thing that needs to be done on the truck will be done first, Engine will be the last. Would love a 572. Age and cancer may have made me a little crazy, but I was reading about a feller's dad and mom that scrimped and saved and denied themselves all there life, and then died. I have done the same, my kids got money, I will give them a bunch, but feel less frivolous about spending 10K on a motor I have wanted all my life, now 70 years. Seems my right leg is a litter weaker now, accelerator peddle sees the floor almost every time i get in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara