203 shift linkage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sepolk

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
New to the group. Got an 85 k10 that I'm piecing together with my 15yr old. I'm putting a np203 case in but the shifter is not functioning correctly. I have disassembled and cleaned. Put it back together without lube to verify it works before lubricating. It's doing the same as it did before cleaning. Either it was assembled incorrectly before and I repeated that or it needs to have lubricant to function. I was waiting to do that last. Does anyone have a good assembly drawing on the shifter unit?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
203 shifters are notoriously problematic. Before you spend any money on it look in to twin stick shifters, they are a direct bolt on and solve all the issues. Check OffRoadDesign.com for a kit.

sepolk

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I am trying avoid spending more money than needed. I cant find a good drawing to ensure that it assembled correctly. I have a donor truck that I can get a 4sp and a 205 to go in it but I would like to get this going. I will look at the twin stick also. Thanks

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
203 shifters are notoriously problematic. Before you spend any money on it look in to twin stick shifters, they are a direct bolt on and solve all the issues. Check OffRoadDesign.com for a kit.
Looks like a pretty slick deal. Has anyone here used this?

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I have the drawing, rebuild and alignment procedure but it's on my home computer. I'll try to remember to post it this afternoon.

K201979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hippie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350ci
Looks like a pretty slick deal. Has anyone here used this?
I recently twinsticked my 205. Lots more options and shifts like butter. I used a jbcustomfab kit i bought from ebay.
You must be registered for see images attach

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I made a twin stick shifter for the 78 I once had. it worked very well too. I used the 203 shifter and followed some instructions I found somewhere. may have been in this GMSB forum where I found them, dont remembers now.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Okay. Here we go . . .

With a BIG THANK YOU to ChevyJoe at
http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=27288.0

You'll have to go to the website to see the rebuild. I recommend it 100%! Very well written and he followed the procedure with detailed pictures. It's a shame he doesn't get paid by GM for this.
The file is too large to download.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Yup I love the twin sticks. You need to have the part time kit installed to use them though. It didn't line up with the existing hole as much as I would have liked. I had to cut a good 3" out of the pass side of the hole. One day I'll make floor mods to accommodate the boot plate.

Don't mind the broken vacuum line. It's an old pic lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey