2 post radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Looking for a radio to fit in the factory holes. My dash is uncut and I would like to keep it that way. Anyone have a radio hanging around that fits? Factory or aftermarket doesn't matter. I just need a radio that works.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Looking for a radio to fit in the factory holes. My dash is uncut and I would like to keep it that way. Anyone have a radio hanging around that fits? Factory or aftermarket doesn't matter. I just need a radio that works.
I’ve got a couple of each. I’ll send you some pictures and specifics later today.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
If you have some extra cash, the Retrosound radios work extremely well to replace a stock radio. The knob spacing and depth is all adjustable, so you just match the adjustments up with an old stock radio and bolt it in. Most of their models have Bluetooth, connection for a USB memory stick, etc.

I was in my truck a couple weeks ago and had forgotten I had synced the Bluetooth on the Retrosound radio with my iPhone. Someone called me and I was able to answer and talk to them through the radio.

Bruce

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I’ve got two that I know the radio part works on. The tape player part is questionable. May just need to be cleaned, may be something mechanical. The audio vox is aftermarket, and the clarion is a stock radio from an 84 GMC.

You must be registered for see images attach

Red Rex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 1500 4 WD shortbed
Engine Size
How much are you wanting for them?

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Haha, I forgot all about this. I'm thinking the Clarion if you still have it. PM sent

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Anyone have a Pioneer Super Tuner for sale?
I use to have one years ago in a K20.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
i have a pretty much knew... uh.[.. i forget the name it was a on the shelf audio brand that was just on the cheaper side for many years... kenwood.. no... I can look for it. its like 1985 or so when i googled it long ago
i also have a radio sitting on a trim piece in the weather for 10 years AM only.
and parts cars with the same physical size radios, some AM only some FM

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
If you have some extra cash, the Retrosound radios work extremely well to replace a stock radio. The knob spacing and depth is all adjustable, so you just match the adjustments up with an old stock radio and bolt it in. Most of their models have Bluetooth, connection for a USB memory stick, etc.

I was in my truck a couple weeks ago and had forgotten I had synced the Bluetooth on the Retrosound radio with my iPhone. Someone called me and I was able to answer and talk to them through the radio.

Bruce

You know, I looked into one of those units a few years ago, but couldn't justify $200 just for a radio. I didn't want the extra features back then. After reading your reply, I looked into them again, and I have to admit I have gotten spoiled playing music from my phone. I can play it from my 2007 Forester with a cable, the wife's Buick with bluetooth, and my turtle speaker with cable or bluetooth. It's music I have loaded on the sd card from my cd's so it's music I like. I think having the option to play music that way in an old vehicle would be cool. I may be making a sound equipment purchase in the near future.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
I have one out of a 73 El Camino.