1994 tbi 350 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC1971

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So pulling my 79 off the trailer the engine gave its last sigh and threw a rod through the oil pan. Ill be prepping it for the swap to a 1994 tbi 350 and overdrive transmission out of my GMC. Ive got bolt up, fuel, and exsaust taken care of but what i wanna get down before i take apart my last running truck is how to make the fuel injection work (correctly) and the aod shift (also correctly) i have a compmete running and driving truck so parts are not an issue. Would like advice, reading material, diagrams, etc. Would all be appreciated. Btw, i found a standalone harness for just this swap but man do i NOT want to pay 750 bucks for it... This how much i paid for the GMC... Thanks!

XrayTedd

Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
355 TPI
Yeah 750 for a standalone harness is ridiculous. Look up Larry's electric. I got my standalone harness for my TPI swap from him. Cost me $310 shipped to my door but that's cause I didn't need to lock up harness. Looks like $275 for the TBI harness and $75 for the lock up harness. You wont be able to run the ECM from your donor truck as I dont believe its the 7747 ECM. I had to call him for trouble shooting. Super helpful over the phone and he took the time to walk me through my situation. Great customer service goes a long way with me!
http://www.larryselectricsite.com/storefront/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

GMC1971

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thank you for that link and info. I would like to avoid spending that much on wiring but hey if i run out of options i absolutely will give this guy a look. I know that price really aint all that bad but more costs will postpone my swap. Im driving the donar truck until i can get it done and the donar truck is... Rough ha.

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
Yeah 750 for a standalone harness is ridiculous. Look up Larry's electric. I got my standalone harness for my TPI swap from him. Cost me $310 shipped to my door but that's cause I didn't need to lock up harness. Looks like $275 for the TBI harness and $75 for the lock up harness. You wont be able to run the ECM from your donor truck as I dont believe its the 7747 ECM. I had to call him for trouble shooting. Super helpful over the phone and he took the time to walk me through my situation. Great customer service goes a long way with me!
http://www.larryselectricsite.com/storefront/

That does look like nice stuff at good prices. I've been building mine myself. I'll have to take some pics if I finish it today. My donor harness was a '93 dual A/C Surburban. Talk about extra wiring to remove! This is what I started with;
You must be registered for see images attach

Unless you love this sort of thing (like me), Larry's looks like a great deal.
Unless the OP's donor is a 1 ton with a MT, I do believe you are correct that it will not be the '747 ECM. He will most likely find the later generation ECM, and it will be a '427, '625 (what my harness was attached to), or a '395.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28