1990 700R4 Trans Code KRM Accumulator springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burb restorer

Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban Silverado 4X4
Engine Size
350 V-8
Greetings fellow Square Body owners! I am rebuilding a 1990 700R4 transmission code KRM. Upon removing the accumulator assembly, I noticed an extra inner spring on the 1-2 accumulator spring assembly. The valve body plate was beat up as usual (On the dual spring side of the plate) and wanted to ask you transmission experts if I should go back with a SINGLE 1-2 and a single 3-4 spring? After comparing the rebuild manuals and researching different articles on 700R4 rebuilding, it looks like someone has put a shift kit in this transmission before I got it. I am not familiar with all the color codes of springs and how firm the shift can be tailored as I don't do this every day anymore. Since I am going to install this in a 1987 Suburban 4X4 truck, I DO want a firm shift but not neck snapping firmness. Just wanted some input from those of you who have experimented with 700R4 firm/crisp shift points. Thanks to all and keep those Square Bodies rolling!!!!!!!! You can see in the picture attached how this set up was found. THANKS to all for looking!!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Stack 2 pistons on the 3-4 side. Some shift kits have you install a plug to disable the accumulator, 2 pistons saves the plate but keeps the accumulator functional.

as for the 1-2 springs, either use factory springs fora performance application, or maybe TransGo will sell springs separate

Burb restorer

Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban Silverado 4X4
Engine Size
350 V-8
Greetings Matt69olds. Many thanks for the advice. I'm looking into that now. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara