1988 K5, need an inexpensive stereo option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5akman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'm driving my K5 from CA to AK next spring, a short 3200 mile/57hr trip according to mapquest! I'm looking for an inexpensive stereo unit with both CD and USB slot for either thumb drive or my cell phone cord for music. Once in Alaska, the rig is going to live at the beach for the summer launching my skiffs so I won't need the stereo after arriving in AK. Any recommendations around the 100 - 125.00 range? I assume there are kits to mount in dash?

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I do not normally preach this, but walmart and boss audio are your friends when it comes to cheap audio. It's great to spend less if your rig is going to be exposed to elements of the wet or extreme nature. if you already have a single DIN cutout or do not care about if your dash needs to be cut then go that route. Be sure and get one that has BT and you can do hands free phone converrsations and play your tunes off your phone, pandora, iheartradio, or whatever phone based resource you prefer....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL