1987 GMC short bed (bed build)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avw7676

Reaction score
First Name
al
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra
Engine Size
New to forum and first post! I just picked up an 87 short bed gmc sierra classic. The bed on it had a plastic bed liner and the bed itself is just smoked. I cannot find one around here (GA) and am looking for any recommendations on sites to buy the parts to build the entire bed. LMCTrucks, younamethesite, etc. Anyone that has done this before - love to hear any comments, what to look out for, where you purchased the parts. Thanks!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Welcome! I work for Auto Metal Direct out of Gainesville, Ga. Check out our site, we carry everything to build a bed for one of these trucks (although just like every other industry, there may be a piece or two backordered). That way you can just drive up here and pick up the parts to save on shipping. I've got our prototype floor made for our 4" wider rear tubs in my truck

You must be registered for see images attach

Blmpkn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I'd suggest looking further than just GA for a complete bed.

Would be huge money to build piece by piece, even without shipping.

Reactions: WFO

avw7676

Reaction score
First Name
al
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra
Engine Size
Thanks for the info!

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
I bought and built a bed from AMD! Lots of bolts and patience putting it together. But I am happy with it, quality parts

Attachments

• 20200902_143811.jpg
    20200902_143811.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 81

avw7676

Reaction score
First Name
al
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra
Engine Size
Welcome! I work for Auto Metal Direct out of Gainesville, Ga. Check out our site, we carry everything to build a bed for one of these trucks (although just like every other industry, there may be a piece or two backordered). That way you can just drive up here and pick up the parts to save on shipping. I've got our prototype floor made for our 4" wider rear tubs in my truck

Thanks!!! I looked at the site, do you know when that floor would be offered? I like the wide tubs.

BearKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bear
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

I just spent close to 2000 dollars at AMD. I love their products

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Thanks!!! I looked at the site, do you know when that floor would be offered? I like the wide tubs.
Those floors are due in any day now, just waiting on them to show up. We've got 3 or 4 small batches of them coming in within the next couple months, then it'll be a guessing game as to when we see more thanks to steel shortages

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC