1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1986 K10

Discussion in 'Lifted & Off-Road Systems' started by snappchevy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. snappchevy

snappchevy Junior Member

First Name:
    Clay
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K20
    Engine Size:
    Hey y’all I got a 1986 Chevy K10, I’m wanting to lift it 6 inches. I’ve been looking at the rough country lift kit and the skyjacker lifts. I was wondering what all I’m needing to do to the truck for the lift kit, I’ve heard that if you lifted the truck taller than 4 inches you’ll need to extend you driveshaft. It’s a shortbed. I’m new to lifting squares so any info is great, thanks

2. Bextreme04

Bextreme04 Full Access Member

First Name:
    Eric
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K25
    Engine Size:
    350-4bbl
    The rough country is cheap... but I've heard its every bit of its name and a rough riding SOB. The skyjacker softrides seem really nice and I've also heard really good things about the Tough Country EZ-rides. I've got a set of Rancho 4" front springs I'll be putting on mine because I got both springs for $40. Mines a 3/4 ton though and is getting a 454 in it, so I wasn't too concerned with a stiffer ride. I would also recommend you at least make sure you have the 56" springs in the rear. You can also do a smaller spring lift and do a shackle flip to make up the difference. The combination of less arch and the shackle flip should really make for a nice ride in the rear. The 56" vs 52" rear spring is just a difference in the rear spring bracket location and the frame should already have the bolt holes for the more rearward mount position.

snappchevy likes this.
  3. snappchevy

snappchevy Junior Member

First Name:
    Clay
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K20
    Engine Size:
    Would I need to extend my driveshaft?

4. 78C10BigTen

78C10BigTen Full Access Member