1983 k10 lift ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian83k10

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have a 1983 Chevy k10 ive owned since highschool its got a mild 350 700r4 np208 12 bolt rear and dana 44 front i am debating on lift ideas or to buy new factory leaf springs ive read rough country lifts are pretty rough im debating possibly only a 2 inch lift with all new springs is it worth to spend the extra money for a tuff country or skyjacker or would the rough country 2 inch leaf spring lift be a decent set up my rear leafs and front leafs sag pretty bad thats why I figured its time for a lift
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
When I bought this truck it had an old Rancho 4" lift with a rear add a leaf and a 2" block. It rode horrible and had no flex. When I did the axle swap, I went with a 4" Tuff Country Soft Ride in the front and in the rear I removed the add a leaf and just ran a 4" block. I used their SX8000 shocks. I also added ORD's greasable front shackles and their sway bar disconnect kit. I've had 2 other K series trucks before this. One was a K5 with a Skyjacker 6" soft ride. I would have to say this was the best riding one of the 3.

brian83k10

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
When I bought this truck it had an old Rancho 4" lift with a rear add a leaf and a 2" block. It rode horrible and had no flex. When I did the axle swap, I went with a 4" Tuff Country Soft Ride in the front and in the rear I removed the add a leaf and just ran a 4" block. I used their SX8000 shocks. I also added ORD's greasable front shackles and their sway bar disconnect kit. I've had 2 other K series trucks before this. One was a K5 with a Skyjacker 6" soft ride. I would have to say this was the best riding one of the 3.

I did email ord and i think im gonna spend the money for tuff country springs ive heard they are lower soring rates does it effect towing wise would you think?

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I've got a set of new in box Tuff country ez ride 3" lift springs I'm not going to use. I bought them because I hear they ride nice and I didnt want anything harsh. Ended up selling the burb they were going on and the Mrs wants to keep the current burb at stock height.

brian83k10

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I've got a set of new in box Tuff country ez ride 3" lift springs I'm not going to use. I bought them because I hear they ride nice and I didnt want anything harsh. Ended up selling the burb they were going on and the Mrs wants to keep the current burb at stock height.
For front and rear or just rear?

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
For front and rear or just rear?

Just the front. Also have the brake line relocation brackets that came with the kit. The kit originally came with a 4" block in the back to combat sagging rear leaves but that part has been sold.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I did email ord and i think im gonna spend the money for tuff country springs ive heard they are lower soring rates does it effect towing wise would you think?

You are correct and on the right path.
You also want to upgrade to TC rear springs? You'll have to ask them (ORD) about towing capacity. A moderately lifted truck can tow with no issues.
Depends how you intend to use the truck, and your budget of course...
If you want a capable trail rig and still be able to tow or haul a load then go with less spring rate (ride and flex) and add air bags. If you want decent
rear suspension travel (droop actually) then your air bags will not be attached to axle, but 'hang' from above and the axle will have a pad or 'bowl' for
the air bag to settle into.

brian83k10

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You are correct and on the right path.
You also want to upgrade to TC rear springs? You'll have to ask them (ORD) about towing capacity. A moderately lifted truck can tow with no issues.
Depends how you intend to use the truck, and your budget of course...
If you want a capable trail rig and still be able to tow or haul a load then go with less spring rate (ride and flex) and add air bags. If you want decent
rear suspension travel (droop actually) then your air bags will not be attached to axle, but 'hang' from above and the axle will have a pad or 'bowl' for
the air bag to settle into.
Ok ya my rear sorings sag same for fronts so i figured new springs are in order itll be a driver the amount of true trail riding i do id section lines and dirt roads every now and then a mud whole or snow covered path but ive been looking into ord ever dince i bought my pickup but never actually went for it and upgraded stuff nows the time to do it thanks for the advice biggest thing ill probably ever pull is i believe a 20 or 16 foot flst bed car hauler

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1