1982 GMC one ton dually flatbed W TBI and 700-R4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Galane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 3500
Engine Size
Selling my project truck. 1982 GMC one ton dually flatbed. 1991 Chevy 350 with throttle body injection and 700-R4 transmission, both rebuilt.

Engine has cast steel Eagle crank, King racing bearings, new flat top pistons, billet aluminum small cap HEI distributor. Theottle body has new injectors and new fuel pressure regulator, including new spring. Thermal fan clutch is new. Rebuilt power steering pump, new fuel and oil pumps. Belt is the 1991 serpentine setup. New engine mounts.
It does not have air conditioning, never did. I installed a new AC delete pulley for the 1991.

Transmission has mechanical speedo drive (hopefully correct for tire size and 4.56:1 axle) and VSS from Jags That Run for the ECU. New transmission mount.

Cab mounts are new, urethane. New coolant overflow tank, new halogen headlamps with relay kit. (Hello, brightness!) Instrument panel has been upgraded from the idiot lamp type to one with actual gauges. (Was a lot of moving of wires on the plugs to make it work.) New overdrive shift indicator. New window regulators and run channel weather strip. New dash pad and armrest pads. New 2-way speakers in the dash. New door hinge pins and bushings.

Steering column replaced with a tilt one from a Suburban.

New tongue and groove boards on bed, thicker than original.

Dash ashtray has been replaced with a custom 3D printed panel holding three 12V sockets and a pair of USB charging ports. I ran a heavy gauge wire, with fuse, direct to it from the power block on the firewall.

Tires are excellent, near new. I've around $2,000 into the tires, mounting and balancing.

What needs finished.
Radio needs an amplifier. (It's the same digital tuning Alpine model Lamborghini used in the late 1980's.) New 1980's vintage diamond plate aluminum running boards need installed. Repairs to side rails on bed need finished. Large toolboxes need fixed up (one has holes in top for welding tanks that went up through the bed) and re-hung under bed. Bed lighting wiring needs fixed up. I installed an intermittent wiper box to go with the switch on the Suburban steering column, but the wipers only run on slow, no intermittent. I don't know why. Paint, whatever color. Currently a tomato/fire engine red in decent condition. Shift linkage modified for 700-R4. I have it adjusted for Park but none of the detents in the column shift line up. I assume the yard where I got the column wasn't truthful when they said it came from a Suburban with OEM 700-R4. (Was too long after purchase to return it after I got around to installing.) Does have a proper GMC horn button, that was not easy to find. Replace the Dodge mudflaps with GMC ones. ;D

Dad and I were building it as a hauler for machine tools we'd rebuild to sell. But he got cancer, died September 2nd, 2018. So I'm wanting to sell the truck for what I figure I have into it.

$6,000 firm or might consider trade.

Photo is from just before starting work on it. Looks pretty much the same currently except the tires are good, the grille has been replaced, and the toolboxes are off.

You must be registered for see images attach

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
C20 2WD Custom Deluxe. C10 2WD Base Model
Engine Size
350 CID 195/260 HP Goodwrench crate, 400 CID 2bbl
So sorry to hear about your Dad. May he rest in peace.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg