1982 GMC B6000 axle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nastiliusprime

Reaction score
First Name
nastilius
Truck Year
Truck Model
B6000 B series, Bus Chassis
Engine Size
8.2L V8 Diesel
Greetings,
I am new on here as this is not my bus, I am just trying to help a friend find the piece they need.

Attached are some images of problem area. The only pieces I am finding readily available for this model are the wheel bearing, and driveshaft support....I am not even quite sure what to call this threaded end of what I would usually call an axle/cv to hub connector.

Anyways hopefully someone far more knowledgeable than me on the model can help with recommendations on where to find pieces, or at very least the proper name for the piece in question so i can post in classifieds.
Any other insight is also welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Peace
You must be registered for see images attach

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
That is called a spindle. In a 4wd application that spindle would be hollow and would have the axle passing through it. In a 2wd application like yours it is just a solid bar.

nastiliusprime

Reaction score
First Name
nastilius
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
8.2L V8 Diesel
thank you, this I have only worked on FWD drivetrains prior.

Any suggestions on parts sites? Or are the classifieds here best bet

Thanks again

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
thank you, this I have only worked on FWD drivetrains prior.

Any suggestions on parts sites? Or are the classifieds here best bet

Thanks again

Well, its not really a square body... so I wouldn't expect anyone here to have much knowledge or parts for it. I would suggest a heavy truck forum or a bus forum. The only site that I know of that is for medium duty trucks is stovebolt.com... but that is for pre-73 GM trucks.

nastiliusprime

Reaction score
First Name
nastilius
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
8.2L V8 Diesel
copy.

thanks again

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
If you figure out what model the front axle is, you will have a much easier time finding a good used spindle. I'll bet the same parts were used in a lot of the squarebody medium duty trucks, and there's people that part those out.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Greetings,
I am new on here as this is not my bus, I am just trying to help a friend find the piece they need.

Attached are some images of problem area. The only pieces I am finding readily available for this model are the wheel bearing, and driveshaft support....I am not even quite sure what to call this threaded end of what I would usually call an axle/cv to hub connector.

Anyways hopefully someone far more knowledgeable than me on the model can help with recommendations on where to find pieces, or at very least the proper name for the piece in question so i can post in classifieds.
Any other insight is also welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Peace
Why is it all scarred up from a grinder? Looks like someone cut a seized bearing off but then tried to caveman smooth it up?:33:

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well, its not really a square body... so I wouldn't expect anyone here to have much knowledge or parts for it. I would suggest a heavy truck forum or a bus forum. The only site that I know of that is for medium duty trucks is stovebolt.com... but that is for pre-73 GM trucks.
Bus Grease Monkey has a forum. He is also on YouTube. I would check out his forum. It's a buss forum, I'm sure someone there has knowledge as well as a parts source.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969