1981 C10 305 Power Steering-Compressor Bracket(s)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tadslc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I purchased a Classic Auto Air Compressor upgrade kit for my truck. Their part #23-257.

Now I can't seem to figure out how to mount, the supplied brackets don't match up with the power steering pump brackets which incorporate the factory compressor brackets. The supplied bracket are from Alan Groves Components, their #119L. I'm thinking that if I get their PS pump bracket #402L I might be able to use both but Alan Groves says I need a different PS pump with mounting holes on the back but my existing pump seems to have them already?
You must be registered for see images attach

Anyone have experience wit this install? Here's a couple photo's they might help.

fast68chevy

I am the original fast68chevy
Reaction score
First Name
RANDY
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
well there were two different styles of ps pump brackets on the sbc motors and i dont understnd what youre trying to do, if youre just looking to go to 134A but your comprssor works fine then i would just keep all this as is. and use freon such as canned air duster freon. it is good for in place of R12 directly and actualy cools better and compatible with the R12 compressor oil. look it up..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey