1980 Air Injection Tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srfinatsunset

Reaction score
First Name
Remington
Truck Year
Truck Model
C3500 Camper Special 3+3
Engine Size
Has any one replaced their Air Injection Tube on their headers? Rock auto has the left side. I'm looking for the part number for the passenger side Air Injection Tube. Engine is 454. I'll take a set if need be. It's California truck so I thinks it's part of the smog equipment.
You must be registered for see images attach
it's rusted on there. I'm trying to put on a Exhaust Gasket.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
RH INJ Pipe (for all 79 -80 C 1,2,3's with a 454) is P/N 357106. The LH side is P/N 333827.

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-pipe-secd-357106.html

GM Part No.: 357106
PIPE, Emission System

You must be registered for see images

Your Price: $51.39
Retail Price: $68.27
You Save: $16.88
Qty: 1

Ships in 1-3 Business Days

But before you get your hopes up, I am pretty sure that these guys are one of those outfits who never adjust inventory. Often, the items they list as being in stock, may have been 10 years ago - but not anymore

Has any one replaced their Air Injection Tube on their headers? Rock auto has the left side. I'm looking for the part number for the passenger side Air Injection Tube. Engine is 454. I'll take a set if need be. It's California truck so I thinks it's part of the smog equipment.
it's rusted on there. I'm trying to put on a Exhaust Gasket.

!

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I just bought the one from GM Parts Giant last week and installed it yesterday. I don't know if that was the only one. You may need to adjust the tubes just a little. Standard Motor Products makes this part too, #AT-142. I don't know why Rockauto doesn't list it. Be careful when you remove the tubes. The part you see extending from the manifold into the head is a separate piece. I had to find replacements for my truck as four were missing. I was able to find them on Zip Corvette, but they will run you $80 with shipping.

https://www.carid.com/standard/secondary-air-injection-pipe-mpn-at142.html

http://www.zip-corvette.com/68-82-c...i-r-smog-injector-pipe-extension-tubes-8.html

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I hope someone can help you out. I tell people all the time to save those pipes for if their state should ever change their mind and start emissions testing or you guys in Cali will need them.

Mike7ftr

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
Those are called extension tubes. They are a discontinued part. I got mine from from the same place Craig85 told you to go. They may need to be cut down to match the factory length. Good luck.

srfinatsunset

Reaction score
First Name
Remington
Truck Year
Truck Model
C3500 Camper Special 3+3
Engine Size
So I was able to keep the OEM headers and all the rusty smog equipment on the engine. I fixed the Exhaust leaks that I had. Driver side header was loose. Thanks to an eroded Exhaust gasket. The motor sounds great now.

I'm dealing with an electrical issues now. New alternator, took the spare from the boat.
. New weekend project replace the leads but I have to chase the wires. The wires drop down between the firewall and backside of the engine.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Cool, and you're still smog legal on your visual inspection too?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iiixtremeiii