1978 Chevrolet Suburban (our old family one)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Hey all, just like anything I do it seems like one or two of them is never enough! I want to try to track down my dads old 78 Suburban. It was in the Rochester, MN area (Kasson specifically) many years back.

It is a 1978 Trailering Special, 454, white on top & bottom, tan/cream color in the middle with a blue interior. Tailgate on it, diamond plate running boards with orange lights, windshield visor with orange lights. Dark tinted windows.

It looks similar to this one here (found this image online). If anyone knows where this may be drop me a line!

Fat chance I know, but what the heck, might as well try. I also posted a craigslist ad looking for it too.

Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Fwiw, there were no Burbs with a Camper Special option. But they were available with the Trailering Special option, which would have an emblem for it on the tailgate.

Other than the color combination, my Burb fits the description pretty well. It even used to have tinted windows, running boards and a visor.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Fwiw, there were no Burbs with a Camper Special option. But they were available with the Trailering Special option, which would have an emblem for it on the tailgate.

Other than the color combination, my Burb fits the description pretty well. It even used to have tinted windows, running boards and a visor.

Oh yeah! Trailering special....dang, gotta change my ad now.

Have any pics of yours? Where did you get it from?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Oh yeah! Trailering special....dang, gotta change my ad now.

Have any pics of yours? Where did you get it from?

I bought it from a guy in Indiana. He bought it when he lived in Michigan. It was in Michigan as far back as the late 80's. Before that, it supposedly lived in Florida. It was originally gray with maroon two-tone. The last guy removed all the trim and primered the whole rig. Wish I could have got to it before he did.

You must be registered for see images attach

But it's a '78 454 Trailering Special, tailgate and used to have a visor and running boards.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Oh man, nice rig but your right...too bad you were not able to snatch it sooner, the trim on them is really nice looking. You could get it back to what it was though at some point.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Oh man, nice rig but your right...too bad you were not able to snatch it sooner, the trim on them is really nice looking. You could get it back to what it was though at some point.

Yep, that's the plan. Haven't located half of the trim yet though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84