1972 Custom 20 and other family vehicles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
This is my late grandfather's 72 custom 20. It has been in my extended and then direct family it's whole life. Ordered in 72 from a distant relatives Chevrolet dealership for another distant relative. It had a slide in camper put in and had a leer front deflector on it, auxiliary fuel tank with the filler neck in the wheel well, beer can cut in half as a cap. The distant relative had it until 1989, when my grandfather purchased it. He had a 72 Cheyenne, had sold it in the late 70's (gas crunch), then had a 78 Caprice Classic (305 2bbl) and an 80 Toyota sr5 pickup. He had it repainted and the bug deflector removed, threw on the American Racing mag wheels, 9.50-16.5 Hercules tires (still on it and good tread with no weather cracking), my uncle worked at a shop that did exhaust work, so he got a set of true duals put on with 18 inch glasspacks. Drove it until he passed in 2006, it was last registered in 2010, but gets started up and taken around the block at least once or twice a year. Still has the Protecto plate and owners manual in the glove box. LS9 350 4bbl, turbo 350 (short tailshaft) and Eaton HO52 rear axle, coils with mono overload leafs.
You must be registered for see images attach
Still have one of the steel wheels with it and a 9.50-16.5 bias ply tire on it, could be the original spare.

I have to dig around, but I have a picture of when he had bought it in 89 and I also have photos of other vehicles my family has once owned I will dig out.