1965 MG Midget

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigred3plus3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
Well guys and girls heres the deal. Im thinking of selling my Midget but I have no idea of how much I should ask. The car is heavily modified. I will just start listing what I've done: motor swap 2005 chevy 2.2 Ecotec with an AR5 5 speed manual trans, narrowed ford 7.5 rear end with 3:73 gears and a limited slip, rear tube shock conversion, front shocks sent and rebuilt professionally, all new front bushings, all new brake rotors with EBC greenstuff pads and wheel bearings, new aluminum radiator with electric fan, header, new exhaust, new gas tank, surge tank for efi, full custom interior with reworked chevy cobalt seats, new steering wheel, GPS speedo, USB port, new rear leaf bushings, new driveline. Im probably forget some stuff. Ive currently ordered a new windsheild and rubber but they are back ordered. Also will be having the paint professionally buffed and waxed to get rid of the oxidation on the paint. Car is super fun to drive and extremely fast. Make me an offer.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
That's a tough one. There's no great value in it to an MG purist/enthusiast being so heavily modified. It holds the same value as a Triumph, small Healey, or Sunbeam Alpine would in similar condition. But somebody looking at getting into autocross racing would have a good head start with this. I would start by looking at For Sale ads in any SCCA related media to try to get an idea of what something like this is going for. I think there's a SCCA event scheduled near Kent at the end of November if it doesn't get canceled. If it's within reasonable distance I'd have it sitting near the front gate with "for sale" signs all over it.

Bigred3plus3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
That's a tough one. There's no great value in it to an MG purist/enthusiast being so heavily modified. It holds the same value as a Triumph, small Healey, or Sunbeam Alpine would in similar condition. But somebody looking at getting into autocross racing would have a good head start with this. I would start by looking at For Sale ads in any SCCA related media to try to get an idea of what something like this is going for. I think there's a SCCA event scheduled near Kent at the end of November if it doesn't get canceled. If it's within reasonable distance I'd have it sitting near the front gate with "for sale" signs all over it.
Haha yeah thats definitely an option.

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350

If you've got a Triumph TR-3 or 3A, let me know. I traded mine for an Alfa Romeo in 1968, and would like another one.

Bigred3plus3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
Nope don't have one of those haha

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

If you've got a Triumph TR-3 or 3A, let me know. I traded mine for an Alfa Romeo in 1968, and would like another one.
Ha, my friend has a red TR3. I call it Stewart Little but I don't think the mouse drove a TR3. :crazy:

He doesn't have that neat top with his but I think he has one of those half tonneu tops that covers the passenger seat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boukeelynn