18” Rallys? They sure look right on this Custom Deluxe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
I usually don’t like aftermarket rims, especially the ridiculous big hoops on those Slammed pavement scrapers.

I think these 18s look right at home on this Diesel Custom Deluxe.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I usually don’t like aftermarket rims, especially the ridiculous big hoops on those Slammed pavement scrapers.

I think these 18s look right at home on this Diesel Custom Deluxe.
I disagree.... they look akward and not like a ralleye wheel. Sorry....

EDIT! Sorry i just realized yes they are a GM car ralleye wheel, i was thinking truck ralleye wheel. But i still stand on akward.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Uck, no. That doesn't look anything like a rallye wheel. Maybe almost like a D-slot mag or something, but no it doesn't look right at all, in any regard. Sorry

Dudes are always saying "look at these big wheels, they look period correct", but no. Big wheels look all wrong on these trucks. The size of the wheel openings and the sharp squared off body lines make it clear these trucks were designed with a certain size wheel in mind (as were most cars in that time period). Anything bigger than 16-maybe 17 looks all wrong no matter how one tries to justify it or "hide" it. Just get normal size wheels and live with it. Why all the effort to go bigger? We've already established they don't look better, there's really no performance gain, and tires are more expensive. Why people obsess over cramming bigger and bigger wheels on these poor old trucks (or any old vehicle) is beyond me, I'll never understand it.

But yeah they don't look right at home any more than an Eskimo does in Miami.

If people hate the wheels/engine/interior/headlights/etc of these trucks so much, then why drive them in the first place? Does the awesome rectangle styling draw people in with how sexy it is? Obviously not. I really don't get it. People buy a square then rip out the seats and put in leather buckets, put in a custom dash with a double din touch screen stereo with digital gauges and vintage air, throw on a set of 20s, rip out the 350 and throw in some lame 5.3 LS, then complain it doesn't have the ride quality of a brand new sedan. I just don't get it. Enjoy the vehicle you got. If you hate a square so much, then why get one? They're not "cool" or "collectible", owning one doesn't make you "gangster" or "hip". I like my square for what it is, if I didn't, I wouldn't own it. Sh!t is silly to me... A pickup from the late 70's-early 80s belongs on 15s or 16.5s, that's really it. Sorry

Last edited:

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Uck, no. That doesn't look anything like a rallye wheel. Maybe almost like a D-slot mag or something, but no it doesn't look right at all, in any regard. Sorry

Dudes are always saying "look at these big wheels, they look period correct", but no. Big wheels look all wrong on these trucks. The size of the wheel openings and the sharp squared off body lines make it clear these trucks were designed with a certain size wheel in mind (as were most cars in that time period). Anything bigger than 16-maybe 17 looks all wrong no matter how one tries to justify it or "hide" it. Just get normal size wheels and live with it. Why all the effort to go bigger? We've already established they don't look better, there's really no performance gain, and tires are more expensive. Whe people obsess over cramming bigger and bigger wheels on these poor old trucks (or any old vehicle) is beyond me, I'll never understand it.

But yeah they don't look right at home any more than an Eskimo does in Miami.
The 18” are just 2” larger than this C20 came with.
perhaps the photo doesn’t capture the proportions.
of course I always run stock wheels, but if guys must run an aftermarket rim, this is an easy transition. GM style (Corvette/Camaro) Rally.
With a shorter sidewall, the overall diameter is actually smaller than stock.
Also nothing but positive comments from the knowledgeable car enthusiasts at the car show.

Last edited:

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
The 18” are just 2” larger than this C20 came with.
perhaps the photo doesn’t capture the proportions.
of course I always run stock wheels, but if guys must run an aftermarket rim, this is an easy transition. GM style (Corvette/Camaro) Rally.
With a shorter sidewall, the overall diameter is actually smaller than stock.
Also nothing but positive comments from the knowledgeable car enthusiasts at the car show.
Sorry I've been a little touchy these last few weeks, I'm not trying to blast on anyone's taste. Just going through some severe real personal life stuff. I still am not a fan of big wheels on old cars, for the record(hah), but I didn't have to be such a d!ck about it. My bad. And yes I hear what you're saying, as far as big aftermarket wheels go these most certainly are not close to the worst I've seen.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Eh, to each their own. And personal taste is just that. I think those wheels look great on that truck.
Planning on 20” white steelies with 35s on our truck likely. Or would love to find some 18-20” 8 lug slots.
Everyone can have their own look. That’s the beauty of it!

swilson143

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V2500
Engine Size
6.0L LQ4
Looks so good!

Ron Sebastian