12 way power, lumbar with heat seats.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I was driving thru a neighborhood yesterday and this guy was carrying the second one to the curb. I stopped and asked what the deal was with them. He said, I just got a new set from the junk yard about a year ago since my driver seat got tore up from me sliding out of the truck with my tools on my belt. Said it cost him the same to buy new front seats at the junk yard as it was gonna cost him to get the matching leather replaced in both driver and passenger seat. He said they look terrible now that they laid in the backyard for a year, but you can have them if you want to help me load them in your truck. I asked if they worked. He said, no problems, all the power functions worked, the seat heaters worked and all. I think he said it was an 02 Tahoe they came out of. Both driver and passenger have the same features. Seat belts also built into the seats. Side impact air bags too, but doubtful I'll hook that up. Of course I'll have to find someone to reupholster them, and cloth woudl be fine too if the seat heaters won't burn the fabric, otherwise, I'll probably just get new leather off ebay. You can get it off eBay for about $150-$200 and then just take the old covers off and put the new ones on. I prefer not to go leather though. I'll add a ciruiit breaker and hot wire from the fusebox and hopefully get them to fit. All the facotry plugs are still there, so not sure if I'll cut those yet, or just acquire the pigtails and wire them in from there. A project for down the road in one of my SB's. Anyone had any experience or issues with the same type of retrofit???

Attachments

• TahoeSeats1.jpg
    TahoeSeats1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 306
  • TahoeSeats2.jpg
    TahoeSeats2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 279
  • TahoeSeats4.jpg
    TahoeSeats4.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 253

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
03+ seats?
Ive seen people over on 67-72 running 95-99/99-02 seats

Shouldnt be to hard to get them bolted in

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I sure hope it won't be tough. I have a bad back and can't do long drives, execpet when I was in my 03 Avalanche or 04 LT Crew Cab and these seats. After the big D, can't afford nice trucks like that anymore. So getting these to work in one of my trucks would be over the top fantastic and maybe I can go on a long trip again without eating all that damn candy we call medicaiton. I think I'll tag these seats for my other C20 project since that one I have plans for a smaller motor, overdrive trans and going more for mpg to make a DD out of instead of performance or heavy towing.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Nice find Mr GM. I think that is what Old 77 has in his truck.

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Built in arm rests FTW! Now I know what to look for at the scrapyard to replace my bench seat! Keep us posted on progress....

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
There is a pair brand new on Craiges list $250.00 with center console. I'm thinking about it now.:pepper:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I will likley clean these things up, and hopefully install them in my current DD just to see if it can be done first. Then when I get my other truck done that is intended to be the DD, I'll get them reupholsted before putting them in their permanent home. I do, I do, I do hope they'll work. My back will love me for it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
There is a pair brand new on Craiges list $250.00 with center console. I'm thinking about it now.:pepper:
I'd be all over that. THere is a set on eBay for $700 right now just like mine with seat heat and all. Seats only no console. I figure it would cost me about $200-$250 to get these reupholstered, so if they are in good shape as is, that would be a deal.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I will likley clean these things up, and hopefully install them in my current DD just to see if it can be done first. Then when I get my other truck done that is intended to be the DD, I'll get them reupholsted before putting them in their permanent home. I do, I do, I do hope they'll work. My back will love me for it.

It can be done, just a matter of wiring. Only the airbags wouldn't work. Just make sure not to get any wires crossed there or BANG! :Sumo:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It can be done, just a matter of wiring. Only the airbags wouldn't work. Just make sure not to get any wires crossed there or BANG! :Sumo:

LMAO, yeah, I done thought about that and the airbags. Figured I might try to remove them and put the air bag covers back on just so there is no accident and possibly tear something up in the seat. Probably when I get them reupholstered, I'll have that covered up like it wasn't even there.

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Lucky son of a gun! Nice find though...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The more I look at them though, and knowing they'll need reupholstered, I think when the time comes, I'll check a salvage yard and see if I can't just get some year or 2 old ones for about the same as being reupholstered. If I could do upholstery myself, it would be a differant story. I'll still check around though. If Juan, Pepe or Jose can hook me up cheap enough, I'll use these.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I haven't decided what seats I want to go with yet. I hate leather. I've been thinking about a black cloth bench from late model Bonneville SE. Just need to double check the width.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I wouldn't say I hate leather, but I am sure glad to do without it. Hot summer, Cold winter, and after a few years, where it wears and starts turning black in the tiny cracks. I hate that. I like the 95-98 Silverado cloth patterns and seems that fabric was very durable.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
About getting these to fit in your truck.....someone mentioned "they shouldn't be too hard to bolt in"......These will not just bolt in and will be a lot of work to get them into your truck. You'd like, I can post up some pics of what it'll take but to summarize you'll have to cut the floor under your seats to take out the humps where the gas tank(s) go and relocate the tank. Once done it's very well worth it but it's definitely not just a "bolt in and your good" kinda thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeBeepBeep