12 Bolt Rear - Locker - Any real world opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matthewdcase

Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My 76 has a 12 bolt 3.73 rear that will melt one tire in all its glory. Any opinions on a decent budget locker? Spartan, Detroit, etc....Looking for a decent one that wont try to chirp up too bad in the parking lot and wont break the bank. I'd say a budget around $450 is acceptable? Thanks for any help!

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Afaik there is no "drop in" like the 14 bolt has and it all depends on your preference. A 12 bolt posi/locker will require you to set up backlash and re-shim the carrier. If you can do that you are money ahead, otherwise you will be paying someone for that. A detroit locker will chirp around every corner as long as you are on the gas, and in slippery conditions like rain or snow it will most likely send you sideways if you get on the gas part way through a corner. A posi is more likely what you will be after.

1979k10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Detroit Tru Trac.
No more one wheel peel and it will turn without chirps.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
X3
I love the one I put In mine. It really makes speeding around corners a lot more fun. Mine centers the truck right up when slipping around em.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iiixtremeiii