04 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mossyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.1 1 BBL
There’s a woman who owns some property that I hunt on here in Mississippi but she lives in Texas. She came home this weekend and I asked her about her truck that’s been sitting for quite a while now. She said that it was having some oil pressure issues, according to the gauge, so she parked it and hasn’t moved in more than a year.

I asked her about it and she said she would be interested in selling it. After charging the battery it would turn over but would not crank. I told her it could be a couple of reasons why it wouldn’t start but it would be hard to determine with where it sat. She looks at me and says,”Well I don’t want to truck to go to waste. How does $500 sound?” I obviously didn’t hesitate and wrote her a check on the spot.

Got it home and did some looking. No fuel pressure, checked the fuel pump and no sound so I figured it’s bad. Dropping the tank is a pain in the ass so we lifted the bed. Come to find out damn rats had chewed through the wires on the two connectors. Went to a junkyard and found a set, wired them back up, and the truck cranked on the spot!

The truck has almost 300k on it but for the price I couldn’t pass it up. The engine runs and sounds great so maybe the oil pressure sensor is bad. I do know it looks like it will be a pain in the ass to remove.

If nothing else it can be another hunting truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

Found this guy in the vent...of course the blower and vents were completely stopped up

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
There’s a woman who owns some property that I hunt on here in Mississippi but she lives in Texas. She came home this weekend and I asked her about her truck that’s been sitting for quite a while now. She said that it was having some oil pressure issues, according to the gauge, so she parked it and hasn’t moved in more than a year.

I asked her about it and she said she would be interested in selling it. After charging the battery it would turn over but would not crank. I told her it could be a couple of reasons why it wouldn’t start but it would be hard to determine with where it sat. She looks at me and says,”Well I don’t want to truck to go to waste. How does $500 sound?” I obviously didn’t hesitate and wrote her a check on the spot.

Got it home and did some looking. No fuel pressure, checked the fuel pump and no sound so I figured it’s bad. Dropping the tank is a pain in the ass so we lifted the bed. Come to find out damn rats had chewed through the wires on the two connectors. Went to a junkyard and found a set, wired them back up, and the truck cranked on the spot!

The truck has almost 300k on it but for the price I couldn’t pass it up. The engine runs and sounds great so maybe the oil pressure sensor is bad. I do know it looks like it will be a pain in the ass to remove.

If nothing else it can be another hunting truck.

Found this guy in the vent...of course the blower and vents were completely stopped up

Its common on the LS trucks for the screen under the oil pressure sensor to get clogged up and therefore the sensor stops reading. Although, with that amount of rat damage there could be a broken wire. I'd replace the sensor and screen(they are cheap and easy to get to), and check the wiring to the sensor also.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
it is also common for the Guage clusters to give up the ghost a gauge at a time in these trucks. if the sensor were bad, I think it pegs the Guage at max pressure. at least that is my experience in an 04 suburban.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28