“4x4” front hub decals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Does anyone know of a place to buy properly colored “4x4” decals in the diameter that fits the OEM auto-locking hubs?

I bought some replacement rear caps from LMC, but they really highlight how faded the fronts are. I cant seem to find decals for the front anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 5BE40A43-E863-4331-BB1F-5C79AE9CA9C3.jpeg
    5BE40A43-E863-4331-BB1F-5C79AE9CA9C3.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 61

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
I haven't measured yet, but I think just the black circle of the rear metal stickers will fit the front hubs. I figured when I spruce mine up I'd buy an extra set for the back and cut them to fit the front.

tj43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
I could be wrong, but I dont think that is the case. I think the rears are almost 4” and the fronts seem to be closer to 2.5”.

GregL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 20
Engine Size
I couldn't find anything suitable to fit mine so I made my own.

You must be registered for see images attach

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Does anyone know of a place to buy properly colored “4x4” decals in the diameter that fits the OEM auto-locking hubs?

I bought some replacement rear caps from LMC, but they really highlight how faded the fronts are. I cant seem to find decals for the front anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
LMC Truck has them, But I find sets of 4 less expensive on eBay.
they’re usually 3” or 3 1/2”.. trim to
fit front

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
I could be wrong, but I dont think that is the case. I think the rears are almost 4” and the fronts seem to be closer to 2.5”.
The hub itself is a different size, but the DECAL appears to be the same, from what I've seen at least (not sure why GM would go through the effort to produce an entirely different thing for a limited option). You can't just unbolt the old cover and slap on a new one like the rears, but surely a crafty individual could make something work up front with a few simple tools.

Worst case scenario, it you really can't make it work, but also just can't stand the way the factory ones look, you could always switch to manual hubs? not only would they look better than faded old caps, you'd also have something you could rely on in the occasion you actually needed to use 4x4... ;)

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
The hub itself is a different size, but the DECAL appears to be the same, from what I've seen at least (not sure why GM would go through the effort to produce an entirely different thing for a limited option). You can't just unbolt the old cover and slap on a new one like the rears, but surely a crafty individual could make something work up front with a few simple tools.

Worst case scenario, it you really can't make it work, but also just can't stand the way the factory ones look, you could always switch to manual hubs? not only would they look better than faded old caps, you'd also have something you could rely on in the occasion you actually needed to use 4x4... ;)
Both sites state 3 1/2” size

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I know that the ones that go on the automatic locking hubs are different/smaller than what goes on the rear. I suppose you could modify the rear to fit the front, perhaps that is the best course of action. But the front is significantly smaller in diameter than the rear.

LMC does sell the rear but my advice is to use some serious glue in addition to the sorry adhesive that comes on them. They will fall off. I just went through this yesterday, after losing two of those stickers I started gluing them on with some JB Weld gel glue.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
I just saw this post. I know the decals you are looking for, the small one's on the cover of the Warn auto locking hubs. No one is reproducing them. I also tried to locate them a year ago. Warn made the hubs and back when you could buy the replacements from GM, the decals were on them.

People had trouble with those auto hubs and many were swapped out for manual hubs. This also made for very little call to buy those hubs or covers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84